New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Price of the new CRV will come out on Monday according to Honda Philippines. Sabay na sabay sila ng MAZDA. A lot of the extra specs are available only on the 2.4 model. Pero standard ang back up camera for all.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    This thread has been quiet.

Now that both have been launched, any feedback from everyone?

I'm getting my white CX-5 next week and although I love my 2006 petrol-hungry 2nd Gen CRV, I think it's time to try a new brand.

Initial feedback is the slightly high SRPs for both. Both are imported from Japan and may lack a few trims expected at the price range. I was disappointed by the lack of leather seats, back-up camera and bigger wheels for the CX-5.

Why I chose the CX-5? Maybe it's mid-life crisis. I'm now 41 and the CRV reminds me that I'm dad. The CX-5 makes me feel 10-15 years younger! Hehe!

Zoom zoom!

3. Join Date
    May 2005

4. Join Date
    May 2005

Family friendly Honda CR-V vs. fun-to-drive Mazda CX-5
    Apr 26, 2012 1:30 PM

The redesigned Honda CR-V and new Mazda CX-5 appear to have a lot in common. These small SUVs seat five passengers, are of similar size, and cost about the same. So far so good. But when we dig deeper, two distinct personalities emerge.

The CR-V is more of a family-oriented model than the Mazda. Our $26,455 EX trim has a large, easy-to-access back seat, plenty of cargo room, and a standard backup camera. Hondas have a well-deserved reputation for smooth, fuel-efficient powertrains, and the new CR-V delivers. We measured 23 mpg overall, making it competitive among small SUVs. Plus, with 185 horsepower, it's no slouch off the line. And if a comfortable ride is high on your priority list, the CR-V is among the best small SUV choices.

On the other hand, if you're looking for a fun-to-drive small SUV, the CX-5 has it all over the CR-V. We found the Mazda athletic and engaging, with responsive steering and well-contained body lean that remains unfazed in bumpy corners. And even with a high fun factor, the CX-5 also delivers the best fuel economy in its class - 25 mpg overall -thanks to Mazda's new Skyactiv technology. And despite the sporty demeanor, the rear seat is surprisingly roomy. One surprise: our midlevel Touring trim line also included a blind-spot monitoring system, a feature not usually found in a $27,000 vehicle.

But as good as the CR-V and CX-5 are, the Toyota RAV4 and Subaru Forester still outscore them. How, you may ask? The Mazda is hurt by a noisy cabin, a taut ride on the highway, and an underpowered feeling engine during routine driving. The CR-V's downsides include excessive road noise, large rear corner blind zones caused by the styling, and less than tidy at-the-limit handling.

Family friendly Honda CR-V vs. fun-to-drive Mazda CX-5

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Issue with CX-5:

1. Less torque than the CR-V: In the US, the CR-V has a 2.4L engine VS. the CX-5's 2.0L. Enough said.
    2. CX-5 has "choppy ride" than the CR-V: Did they test the CX-5 on 19"s VS. the CR-V on 17"? Logically mas choppy nga.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    How much is the CX5 again?

The CRV looks bigger in pictures, but I'd doubt if the difference is absolutely relevant in terms of interior space. The CX5 definitely lacks a bigger set of wheels, it looks ugly sporting that small-ish compact-like rims. So if you're planning to make it really good, consider changing the rims first.

Aesthetically-wise the CRV wins (personal opinion). But with its entry price, I find it a bit disappointing since I can't find any features that could justify the hefty price point.

Mazda makes solid vehicles, so I could really bet that the CX5 will be a joy to drive around town.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    How much is the CX5 again?

The CRV looks bigger in pictures, but I'd doubt if the difference is absolutely relevant in terms of interior space. The CX5 definitely lacks a bigger set of wheels, it looks ugly sporting that small-ish compact-like rims. So if you're planning to make it really good, consider changing the rims first.

Aesthetically-wise the CRV wins (personal opinion). But with its entry price, I find it a bit disappointing since I can't find any features that could justify the hefty price point.

Mazda makes solid vehicles, so I could really bet that the CX5 will be a joy to drive around town.
    Agree on the wheel size for the CX-5. I want the stock 19" of the CX-5 but I don't know how to get them...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Agree on the wheel size for the CX-5. I want the stock 19" of the CX-5 but I don't know how to get them...
    Baka kasya yung 20s ng CX9 ?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    why not the 2012 SUBARU XV?

Hmm, mas maganda ito sa looks. Mas matcho at brusko dating!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    XV na yan. hehe

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
2012 Honda CRV or 2012 Mazda CX-5