New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which ranks the best all around compact for you?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chevrolet Cruze

1 1.09%
  • Ford Focus

27 29.35%
  • Civic

10 10.87%
  • Elantra

9 9.78%
  • Forte

0 0%

2 2.17%
  • Lancer

12 13.04%
  • Sentra

2 2.17%
  • Impreza

11 11.96%
  • SX4

2 2.17%
  • Corolla Altis

16 17.39%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    guys, what with the subaru?

even here in japan, I haven't seen lots of it. mostly toyota, honda and nissan for daily drive.

but I have seen subaru van similar to a suzuki super carry. will pinoys buy that considering it is subaru?
    Are you referring to this?

It's the Subaru Dias, which is essentially a rebadged Daihatsu Hijet, hence the resemblance to the similar Suzuki Super Carry.

It won't sell in the Philippines because we don't have a market for kei trucks. And kei trucks don't fit the image that Subaru Philippines (MI) is trying to portray.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    I drive a Grand Livina because of the extra seats. Before we bought the Grand Livina, we considered the 3 and the Elantra. But right now naglalaway ako sa features ng Focus.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Yung mga nag vote kaya dito yun yung kotse nila?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by eido View Post
    Hindi. Naka-Altis ako. I voted the Focus.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Me too, I want to vote for Ford Focus.
    Nung unang lumabas ang Focus type ko na ang porma, ngayon ang dmi ng magagandang design pero ang specs at features ng Focus ay top of its class.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    I voted the Focus. Pero naka-Grand Livina ako

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The thread is turning out to be interesting.

People vote for the Focus, Lancer, and Impreza the most; yet, when you look at actual sales figures, it's the Altis, Elantra, and Civic that more people end up buying.

I guess it just shows that brand loyalty still plays a very big part in the car buying process of the average Filipino. Also shows how borloloy is preferred over driving dynamics.

Since the Focus has both borloloy and driving dynamics, it might just sell well. Question is, does the Ford brand exude reliability and easy maintenance for the average pinoy?
    Ownership experience siguro ang factor bakit mas preferred ang Altis, Elantra or even the Civic. I heard some expensive maintenance about the Focus (mkII) but isn't first hand info, horror story about previous gen Optra- the Cruze's predecessor, the Sentra 200, Forte and new Mazda 3 is just too expensive to even create the idea of interest among buyers. Probably the reason why the Altis, with its charismatic name, widely affordable parts, solid quality and resale makes it people's choice.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Good karma built up from the reliability of the old Corollas. Same thing that buoys up the Civic's sales despite issues that are starting to crop up regarding the reliability of recent variants of these two storied nameplates.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    mga sir... when i click this thread may lumalabas na VIRUS MALWARE FUND.... kayo sir?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    i voted for the focus, pero i dont like our focus.... pero yung bagong focus ang gusto ko!!! may park assist... galing.....

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast