New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which ranks the best all around compact for you?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chevrolet Cruze

1 1.09%
  • Ford Focus

27 29.35%
  • Civic

10 10.87%
  • Elantra

9 9.78%
  • Forte

0 0%

2 2.17%
  • Lancer

12 13.04%
  • Sentra

2 2.17%
  • Impreza

11 11.96%
  • SX4

2 2.17%
  • Corolla Altis

16 17.39%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    It doesn't belong because it's a subcompact crossover, not a compact sedan. Sort of one rung below the ASX, with a footprint similar to the Honda Jazz.

Of course, with how cars are growing bigger in each generation, there's a blurring of the size classifications... But the Soul really doesn't belong in this one... despite being an interesting alternative.
    Point taken. The SX4 pictured is the Xover version which is why I asked about the Soul.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    Are these the 195/60 15's HydroEdge tires? Or the thinner low-resistance tires used on the Econetic version?
    I tried digging more about it, and from what I found, my best guess is that the Focus now comes with Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tires.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Spending extra on tires does good. The Lynx came with Advans that drove pretty well. The Fiesta's ContiSport Contact 3s are very premium tires for such a cheap car.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    So the Soul doesn't belong to the list because the cars it primarily competes with are not available here?
    Not really. Because there's a proper car to compete in that segment, and that is the overpriced Forte sedan :D

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    mazda 3 for me then impreza

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Spending extra on tires does good. The Lynx came with Advans that drove pretty well. The Fiesta's ContiSport Contact 3s are very premium tires for such a cheap car.
    Newer Fiestas I've been seeing have ContiPremium Contacts instead of the ContiSport. Dunno which is better though.

Advans for the Lynx RS? That's pretty impressive. Only the Lancer EX GT-A and Impreza 2.0R have those as standard nowadays.

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    Not really. Because there's a proper car to compete in that segment, and that is the overpriced Forte sedan :D
    hindi na ata overpriced ang Forte ng Kia, PHP 828k ang 1.6L na AT... PHP 948k naman ang Koup na 2.0L AT

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Lynx rode on A460s. After a year or two, when we started swapping to other tires, many of us started to realize how goo dhte stock tires were... Usually, aftermarket tires are better than factory-equipped tires, but in the case of the RS, the A460s were almost as good as some of the more popular sports tires of the time.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The thread is turning out to be interesting.

People vote for the Focus, Lancer, and Impreza the most; yet, when you look at actual sales figures, it's the Altis, Elantra, and Civic that more people end up buying.

I guess it just shows that brand loyalty still plays a very big part in the car buying process of the average Filipino. Also shows how borloloy is preferred over driving dynamics.

Since the Focus has both borloloy and driving dynamics, it might just sell well. Question is, does the Ford brand exude reliability and easy maintenance for the average pinoy?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    guys, what with the subaru?

even here in japan, I haven't seen lots of it. mostly toyota, honda and nissan for daily drive.

but I have seen subaru van similar to a suzuki super carry. will pinoys buy that considering it is subaru?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast