New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Design wise, Fortuner talaga. As in.

Pero practicality and value for money, Montero Sport. Pero bakit kaya yung GLS 4X4 M/T pa yung sa amin

I really hate the A/C dials. Manual climate control. Sa Fortuner lahat ng variants naka auto climate.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    I disagree on the interiors. The MS has ugly interiors especially yung 2.5L (the aircon dials of the 2.5L is really ugly very Adventure looking) The Fort has better interior. Aircon is already climate control accross the range, optitron gauges, leather seats standard across the range and better looking stereo since it looks integrated well into the dash hindi yung de-suksuk lang...
    Ganon? Personally I like the design of the Montero Sport's dash better. Or is it because the Fort's design is quite old already? The MS's information meter (ganon ba tawag dun? the one with the compass, thermometer,etc) makes it look more high tech. And I personally like "de-saksak" stereos more than OEM, people change their OEMs into these! Though, yeah, the MS does lack some more fancy features like optitron and auto climate, I'd give the Fort that much.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    If Mitsubishi Phils. decides to put auto climate control and leather seats on the 2.5 variants, the MS will win in the interior department even though it does not have an optitron meter, as the amber color of the meters during nighttime looks cooler than the white optitron of the Fort.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    tumingin ako units last sunday all 2010 models, i like ms more. but don't know 2011 ms nor 2011 fort, unless malaki changes sa 2011 fort may be puwede sa fort.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    even sa refinement lamang ang fortuner less vibration,less engine noise,better acceleration (not topspeed)...sa ride comfort medyo lamang ang monty but still sante the most...imo ndi naman matagtag ang facelifted fort overstated yong nagsasabi na parang kabayo...if you're just 4 or on board un ethical naman na umupo sa 3rd row. my wife and me sit on the 3rd row in one of our trip from lucena to manila we're 7 on board including the driver ok naman ndi nakakahilo my wife fell asleep most of the trip and mas maluwag 3rd row ng fort.

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Buti na lang nag-joint Fun Run ang MSCP at FCP... Kaya wala nang pagalingan ng mga SUVs between the two hehe ..

Parehas na silang maganda at mahusay at reliable.. It's only up to your preference of choice bro TS.. I am an MS 4x2 AT owner and i'm satisfied with it. Dalawa kong kasamahan sa trabaho naka Fortuner 2.7 VVTi yung isa, at 2.5dsl yung isa.. Nasakyan ko parehas oks din naman, maganda interiors. Hindi ko na rin ma-distinguish kung matagtag nga ba talaga siya kase hindi naman kami nadaan ng mga lubaks.. Pero nung nasakyan nila MS ko, naramdaman nila mas maganda daw lumaro, lalo na kapag sinasagasaan ko mga humps .. Observation lang naman nila.. But mind you TS, both of these rides are quality so to speak... So make your choice!! Huwag mo nang antayin kung may mga bago ba siyang looks or what.. Mahihirapan ka niyan kakaantay, baka 2020 pa dumating iyun at hindi mo na ma-enjoy hehe..

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    I believe in terms of interior quality, the Fort is better engineered of the two. Although some say they are equal due to price point, interior plastics in the Fort give me a better impression of quality vs. the Montero.

I tried the 2.5 GLS 4x2 and the engine is really good though. As you press the accelerator, its gives you the feeling of a quick unspooling of a roll of thread. Never got to try a D-4D Fort.

Regarding the urban legend of the Fort's "tagtag", it is nothing near the hard buckling bronco of the L300 Versa Van. If you always sit in front (which I always do), it feels like a normal SUV. The back is like the ten seater Gen 2 CRV.

The Fort has more comfortable space and seat form for the third row passengers. Notice how the Montero's third row seats have a rigid sharp fold on the buttocks area?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    gaano ka reliable ang source nyo na merong bagong model ng monty this coming sept?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hermzbarona View Post
    gaano ka reliable ang source nyo na merong bagong model ng monty this coming sept?
    The Montero Sport is still selling well so it's doubtful there will be a 2011 model released. Plus they just released the 2.5 M/T.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    i think fort beats the ms no doubt interiorwise, that's one thing toyota outshine the others.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
2011 FORTUNER vs 2011 MONTERO SPORT