New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    I'm asking how's the FC compared to our 4.6L Triton V8 equipped Gen. 2 Expedition in city driving? Isama mo na pati with bumper-to-bumper traffic
    I don't have an exact figure but I guess it's not far off either. Gen 1 Expeditions with the 4.6 V8 also consumed 3-4km/L in bumper to bumper traffic.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Our Gen. 2 Expedition with 4.6L Triton V8's average city driving FC is around 4.8-5 km/l. If bumper-to-bumper traffic it is around 3.9-4.3 km/l. For those with the 5.4L Triton V8, how's the FC compared to ours? This is crucial because this will be the deciding factor if we're gonna be buying the GS HVX from Hancars

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Try grey market Starexes, they're a lot more comfortable than the ones sold by HARI.
    Try also Grand Starex Limousine fron HARI

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by drich_enriquez View Post
    Try also Grand Starex Limousine fron HARI
    Definitely NOT!

Gawa lang daw ni Atoy yung loob ng Limousine ni HARI. So fugly!!

And malamang same suspension din yung Limousine ni HARI sa mga ibang variants nila ng GS.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Definitely NOT!

Gawa lang daw ni Atoy yung loob ng Limousine ni HARI. So fugly!!

And malamang same suspension din yung Limousine ni HARI sa mga ibang variants nila ng GS.
    WOAH :speechles locally made kits? how'd you know bro?

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    If the fuel consumption hurts, there's no amount of explanation on ride comfort, size, american muscle, di na sinisita ng guwardiya etc etc will ever justify owning a big a** ford. just get a Starex or a Grandia, definitely a more economical choice. And wise.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    WOAH :speechles locally made kits? how'd you know bro?
    I checked the Limousine of HARI during a motorshow. Parang pang jeepney yung pagkagawa sa loob.

I was also told by Hancars (or was it Pitstop) that HARI's Limousine were done by Atoy.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Passing by Ford in the Fort I saw their ad re: LPG kits. I wonder how much that kit will bring the E-150's cost/Km back to earth.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Our Gen. 2 Expedition with 4.6L Triton V8's average city driving FC is around 4.8-5 km/l. If bumper-to-bumper traffic it is around 3.9-4.3 km/l. For those with the 5.4L Triton V8, how's the FC compared to ours? This is crucial because this will be the deciding factor if we're gonna be buying the GS HVX from Hancars
    No one answered my question on this. Your answers will be a crucial factor to my dad's decision if he will still go for a 2nd hand 3rd generation Expedition or for a brand new GS HVX from Hancars. E-150 is already out of the question as we found out that its actual city driving FC is around 3-4 km/l.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    I already did. Thank you.

Actual City driving would be 3-4km/l
    last time i checked, the trip computer says 29L/100kms

as i told you, the e150s and 1st-3rd generation Expeditions averages roughly 3-4 in the city. Di na magkakalayo yan. I'm surprised some people can get 5. They must have an extremely light foot and I don't think 5 is possible in bumper to bumper traffic.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
2011 Ford E-150 Club Wagon vs 2011 Hyundai Grand Starex HVX