Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    jazz... pogi... tipid...
    civic... mas pogi... waldas nga lang...

ano gusto mo? mas pogi or mas wise?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Civic. Its not that bad. 8km/L in the city...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Palabas na ata new Civic generation. Kung sa Civic ka, better wait for it...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Civic. Its not that bad. 8km/L in the city...
    my old EK lxi can still do about 9.5 km/l here in baguio (vtecs can have slightly similar mileage), but my friend's new civic still struggles to reach 7km/l... factor din kasi ang terrain... lalo sa bulubunduking baguio....
    Last edited by krinkx; October 18th, 2010 at 09:20 AM. Reason: wrong info

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Went through the same dilemma. Was all set to get the Jazz 1.5 A/T. Went for a test drive and saw the Civic 1.8. Was also available for test drive so test drove both back-to-back. Ended spending more for the Civic but totally no regrets. More space, very adequate engine, 8.5 km/li city, 17 highway. And that was 3 years ago. <100k diff in price.

Now I understand its less than 50k diff for top of the line Jazz and base Civic and appreciate your dilemma even more.

Good luck! Faced w/ the same situation now, i'll probably get the Jazz since the new Civic is around the corner.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I like the Jazz better. Better seats, more flexible cargo space, better ride, better economy.

The Civic is wider, but unless you're sitting 3 people in the back, this isn't a problem in the Jazz. What you might miss from the Civic is the extra power... but the Jazz isn't exactly underpowered.

Or... save some money and go for the 1.3 MT Jazz. Lacks a few of the 1.5s options... but you're not really going to miss them that much... just upgrade your rims when your stock tires wear out... and with the MT, the 1.3 is really economical. The 1.3 AT is kinda disappointing.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I like the Jazz better. Better seats, more flexible cargo space, better ride, better economy.

The Civic is wider, but unless you're sitting 3 people in the back, this isn't a problem in the Jazz. What you might miss from the Civic is the extra power... but the Jazz isn't exactly underpowered.

Or... save some money and go for the 1.3 MT Jazz. Lacks a few of the 1.5s options... but you're not really going to miss them that much... just upgrade your rims when your stock tires wear out... and with the MT, the 1.3 is really economical. The 1.3 AT is kinda disappointing.
    nagtest drive ako bago ako bumili ng jazz 1.3 at ok naman pero nun nakuwa ko na yung unit ko na mt vroooooommm more power mas feel mo yung torque na binibigay ng engine. happy ako sa jazz ko

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Power is relative to the weight being carried (hence power-to-weight ratio), but I believe the 1.8 Civic or the 1.5 Jazz would be enough for you nevertheless. Just don't haul those 300lb people and you'll fine~

Quite hard, I'd say I'll hold off purchase for now unless I really need it. 2nd-gen Jazz might be a better purchase age-wise, but I'd really wait another year or two and see what Honda has in store for us. There's the 2012 Civic to boot after waiting anyway.

If you'll need to purchase one now, I'll go for the 1.5 Jazz. Any extra change is still change (pambili ng bagong iPhone 4 este.. exterior mods pala ). I rate "fun to drive" highly. Both are practical, both are easy to find parts with. Only problem is the face.. I don't really find the Jazz all that attractive and the Civic is dime a dozen. Even Civics with exterior mods to make them "stand out" is fast becoming dime a dozen too (unless you do something really drastic.. like FoilaCar).

If space isn't really all that important, you might wanna check out the new Ford Fiesta.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2010 jazz or civic?!?