New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by brio2025 View Post
    Hi i would like to ask you guys which of the two would fit our needs.. We are 7 in the family and money is not an issue. I hope we could just focus on both vehicles for comparison.. Which is better in terms of comfort, fuel efficiency, and overall..
    you said money is not an issue, but you want to focus only on the two choices... hmm...

what does "money is not an issue" mean exactly?? is it:

A. you have the money to buy any car at any price??
    B. you are sticking on this price range but you can stretch it up to a few hundred thousand pesos??

if it's A:
    you want comfort, fuel efficiency, and overall performance, then go look for a higher caterogy...
    Mid-sized SUV: Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 Di-D
    Large SUV: Toyota Land Crusier 200 V8 D-4D
    Premium SUV: BMW X5 3.0d 7seater or Audi Q7 3.0TDi

but if it's B:
    go ask the family members and tally the votes which one do they want to ride, then you can have the answer. hindi ka naman magsisisi kung anu man pipiliin mo. for sure you will appreciate the vehicle kahit anu mang batikos ang marinig mo about it... they are both worth to own anyway...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I think ang ibig sabihin ng ts is, WAG NA NATIN ICOMPARE ANG PRICE nung dalawa dahil hindi naman sakanya issue yun. Ang gusto niya lang is, MAGFOCUS TAYO dun sa 2 choices.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by migs0624 View Post
    Comfort is the first you've mentioned.
    Alterra.

if you have enough money to cough up, get the CX9 or Murano.
    pwede rin yung X5. all those cars can accomodate 7 persons.

---------------------

Although the Mazda CX-9 is a 7 seater, malakas ang gas consumption ng CX-9, as in 4 to 5km lang per liter. Konting OT lang, pero instead of CX-9, mas better choice na lang yung Nissan Patrol Super Safari na Diesel. Same price range ng CX-9, 7 seater din siya pero diesel and mas malaki compared sa CX-9 and heavy-duty off-road vehicle pa ang NIssan Patrol

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'd rather have a CX-9 than a Patrol. If I wanted a rugged, outdated, ladder-on-frame vehicle for off-roading, I'd get an Everest.

The X5's third row is a joke... and the Murano doesn't even have a third row. The only cars in the price range comparable to the CX9 are the Veracruz, the Pilot, the Explorer and the Pajero. I like the CX9 best.

It's a guzzler, but the V6 sounds like sin and goes like stink, and the handling is reminiscent of the X5 (though not quite in the same league).

-

Of course, between the two choices given by the OP... Montero.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Just get the Fortuner between the two. There's a reason why you posted these 2 choices only even though you said money was not an issue. The price difference between the two would not sway you from making a decision if that's what it means.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I'd rather have a CX-9 than a Patrol. If I wanted a rugged, outdated, ladder-on-frame vehicle for off-roading, I'd get an Everest.

The X5's third row is a joke... and the Murano doesn't even have a third row. The only cars in the price range comparable to the CX9 are the Veracruz, the Pilot, the Explorer and the Pajero. I like the CX9 best.

It's a guzzler, but the V6 sounds like sin and goes like stink, and the handling is reminiscent of the X5 (though not quite in the same league).

-

Of course, between the two choices given by the OP... Montero.

------------------------------------

The Subaro Tribeca is also within the price range of the CX-9, and is also a 7-seater, with a V-6 dismetrically opposed engine..........

Is the Ford Everest really better that the Nissan Patrol Super Safari?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by noobskie View Post
    Just get the Fortuner between the two. There's a reason why you posted these 2 choices only even though you said money was not an issue. The price difference between the two would not sway you from making a decision if that's what it means.

--------------------

Meron lang katagalan yung waiting time for the facelifted/updated Fortuner kasi Toyota is prioritizing the sale of locally assembled vehicles like the Innova and the Vios. Pag nag drop ng todo kasi yung sale ng locally assembled Toyota vehciles, baka isara yung assembly plant sa bansa. I just do not know the waiting time for the Alterra

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ayaw ko talaga sa Fortuner yung katagtagan nya di ko matiis talaga... Maganda itsura nya dahil machong macho pero at the end of the day my personal comfort and my passenger's is #1 above everything else. Parang ka talagang nasa likod ng pickup pag sumakay ka sa Fortuner.

So maybe by default Alterra. Mas importante kasi sakin comfort kaysa looks...

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    I agree, minsan nagpadrive sakin kapatid ko gamit yung new facelifted fortuner niya papuntang fairview via commonwealth, sementado na yun pero di ko talaga type pagka matagtag niya(btw my daily driver is a lolo fieldmaster, anlayo ng ride)

Kaya kahit ako napopogian at madami din ang nagsasabi na pogi nga, I wont spend 1.3M on it, inyo nalang..

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Me, i went for FORTUNER 2009 last Dec 08 and since then i can't describe the happiness of my wife and kids whenever they are inside IT.

Before buying it i was contemplating of getting a Montero Sport kasi i have also Strada but in the end i got Fort as replacement for my Innova.

Choking and hard starting, i did not experience it both in Innvo and Fortuner. Go for Fort, tagtag daw, ano yan eh relative sa sumasakay.

Cheers.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
2009 Fortuner or 2009 Alterra