New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    see???? hahaha! page 1 will tell us all what really happened and still happening. :meeting:

di n'yo napansin tumahimik na sila? kasi nga daw, this poll is such a sham. I am looking forward to CAGI's awards. The Autofocus one is being manipulated anyway...:tounge::bwahaha:
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    Well sorry guys, but the result on the following categories look very reliable to me. take a second look :consoling2:

SUB COMPACT SEDAN
    HondaCity – 700
    ToyotaVios – 399
    Honda Jazz – 185

COMPACT SEDAN
    Honda Civic – 660
    Toyota Altis – 316
    Mitsubishi Lancer - EX209

MID SIZE SEDAN
    HondaAccord – 729
    ToyotaCamry – 468
    Mazda 6 – 140

AUV
    Isuzu Crosswind – 814
    Toyota Innova – 617
    Mitsubishi Fuzion -98
    Mitsubishi Adventure -78
    Toyota Avanza – 62

MINI VAN
    KiaCarens – 675
    Toyota Previa – 560
    Mitsubishi Grandis – 150

LARGE VAN
    Hyundai Grand Starex – 667
    Toyota Hi-Ace Super Grandia – 600
    Kia Carnival – 322

PICK UP TRUCK
    Mitsubishi Strada – 668
    Toyota Hi-Lux – 451
    Nissan Navara – 364
    Isuzu Dmax – 228
    Ford Ranger – 110

COMPACT SUV
    Honda CRV – 607
    Toyota RAV4 – 298

MID SIZE SUV
    Mitsubishi Montero Sport – 671
    Toyota Fortuner – 442
    Hyundai Santa Fe -233
    Kia Sorento – 89
    Ford Everest - 81
    Kinda contradicting yourself there bro - perhaps because the Monty is now #2? Anyway for me, for the year 2009 I think the Montero should be #1, it's the only one that's given the Fort a run for it's money, priced competitively with the Fort it gave prospective buyers a breath of fresh air.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Now I am sure XTO is thinking its not so reliable anymore... I for one never thought it was reliable even in the beginning. Its not the picks that I am against its how the poll is conducted that is a questionable. Imagine people can vote weekly and then create new accounts and vote and vote again. Others can even buy magazines and X5 their votes.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmitsulancer View Post
    yep. the Montero Sport this time around.

it seems so odd that the SF would overtake the MS and even the Fortuner- one time big time imbes na gradual!
    I suspect some Hyundai sales people are doing this. Di lang sa Santa Fe maskin sa ibang category notice almost all Hyundai cars are top or near the top. And the Grand Starex is now #2 in the Auto of the Year while before it was lagging a lot. As I said the paddingan has started! Ganun din last year but it was Kia.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    How did that happen? MS is #2? I voted for MS just last monday, and it was leading way ahead..hmmmmm.

sad, it's not an honorable survey pala. hmp.

Im glad Strada is still leading...lets see if meron milagro that will change it's placement from 1st to 2nd..

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    I suspect some Hyundai sales people are doing this. Di lang sa Santa Fe maskin sa ibang category notice almost all Hyundai cars are top or near the top. And the Grand Starex is now #2 in the Auto of the Year while before it was lagging a lot. As I said the paddingan has started! Ganun din last year but it was Kia.
    ay sus...

basta... banat ako for the MS this year. i submitted my top gear ballots na to JRS. Here is hoping they will get counted!

*av8or5, yup, im glad the Strada is still on the lead.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Old, old news.

When Chevrolet realized that Isuzu was gaming the Autofocus voting a few years ago (back when you could basically vote as long as you had load in your cellphone... no per week or per day limit), they budgetted a cellphone budget for their sales representatives to make the Optra win.

Many of the manufacturers do it. It was only last year that the voting from the public was able to even the score... and then some... some enthusiast groups spam vote their cars... ...and some of the big name guys have started to budget for their votes, also.

Which makes the Autofocus a very, very lucrative business proposition for all involved... and a big revenue generator for the sponsors...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Ako ba tintukoy mo? Well its still a sham!

So what if SF is ahead or Montero is ahead. Could care less, its all a sham!
    yes, ikaw! sham or not, i don't care either as topgear never ever influenced me when i got my monty

Now I am sure XTO is thinking its not so reliable anymore... I for one never thought it was reliable even in the beginning. Its not the picks that I am against its how the poll is conducted that is a questionable. Imagine people can vote weekly and then create new accounts and vote and vote again. Others can even buy magazines and X5 their votes.
    no tidus, majority of the categories proved it all but not on the mid-sized suv category. patawa yan.... baka mongoloid maniniwala dyan :evillaugh

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hmmm lets see sa sub compact the i10 is 2nd and has leapfrogged the Vios? Reliable picks? I don't agree!

Sa compact naman i30 has beaten Altis, Lancer and Focus? Sure its a good car but its price is ridiculous so I also don't agree...

And then in the midsize. Sonata ahead of Camry? 50-50. The Camry is the better car but the Sonata is cheap for what it offers.

AUV ang pinakanakakatawa. The Xwind over the Innova?? Ang luma na ng Xwind and its still bagging awards 10 years on?

I dunno about you, pero habang tumatagal lalong nagiging patawa at kengkoy tong poll na ito.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Old, old news.

Which makes the Autofocus a very, very lucrative business proposition for all involved... and a big revenue generator for the sponsors...
    Hahaha even Kia puts this award in their Carens ads (Carens being the Auto of the year last year) which is really funny given the awards is so manipulated and very very tantamount to cheating.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Hmmm lets see sa sub compact the i10 is 2nd and has leapfrogged the Vios? Reliable picks? I don't agree!

Sa compact naman i30 has beaten Altis, Lancer and Focus? Sure its a good car but its price is ridiculous so I also don't agree...

And then in the midsize. Sonata ahead of Camry? 50-50. The Camry is the better car but the Sonata is cheap for what it offers.
    you pointed this out ha? and since all i10, i30 and sonata are all hyundais so malinaw na 'to

AUV ang pinakanakakatawa. The Xwind over the Innova?? Ang luma na ng Xwind and its still bagging awards 10 years on?

I dunno about you, pero habang tumatagal lalong nagiging patawa at kengkoy tong poll na ito.
    well di mo masisi mga tao, i don't think isuzu did something on this eh di sana pati d-max and alterra ginawan na rin ng magic.

Okay na 'to tidus. poll lang naman ito and either way sorry na lang sa madaling mabuyo para bumili kung dito sila mag base.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
2009 Autofocus People's choice Awards