New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Available na ba new mazda6 dito sa Philippines?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Yeah it is. Saw 3 units in Mazda GH recently along with the new Miata. Personally, I like the red and white colors.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I'd love to see the powerband too. But, most car review sites rarely post them. Of those that do, most are from high-performance cars which none of these 4-cyl midsize cars even come close to.

Anyway, Car & Driver did a review of 4-cyl midsize sedans. No surprise, the 2008 Accord grabbed the top spot. The 4-cyl Sonata only finished 4th (mid-pack). But, at least it finished ahead of the Camry.

Car And Driver Review
    No new 6? Wow... pretty bad result for Ford and Dodge... but in terms of excitement, the heavy Fusion probably isn't the best bet in this segment, anyway...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    No new 6? Wow... pretty bad result for Ford and Dodge... but in terms of excitement, the heavy Fusion probably isn't the best bet in this segment, anyway...
    I'm not sure if it's the weight. The curb weight of the A/T 4-cyl Fusion is only 58 lbs more than that of a M/T 4-cyl 2007 Mazda 6 based off Yahoo's specs on each car. Granted, that's probably with an empty tank or something. Still, any weight differences should be proportional.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Possibly engineered-in softness...

(Reading article)

Oh, that's why... it's still using the old 2.3 liter engine... really not enough engine for this kind of car. The new 2.5 liter one (when we had our short test drive in the new Mazda6) was a whole lot better.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006

(Reading article)

Oh, that's why... it's still using the old 2.3 liter engine... really not enough engine for this kind of car. The new 2.5 liter one (when we had our short test drive in the new Mazda6) was a whole lot better.
    The Fusion had a skidpad of 0.84 g which topped even the Accord's 0.81 g. But, the 90's-era Duratec's getting old. But.... even so, 160hp should still be ok. I'll bet it's the craptacular old 4-spd Ford A/T*. I mean the Camry had only 158 hp and yet, it managed better times than the Fusion.

*I probably should cut Ford A/T it some slack. From a performance standpoint, the A/T of my Contour sucks. But, from a maintenance standpoint, it's pretty good, going on 14 years straight without any repairs so far.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006

(Reading article)

We've also test-driven the AWD V6 Fusion (while the Contour was in for a tune-up). It's a totally different animal from the 4-cyl. The dealer rep let us take the car to the (classy) northern part of town where it's mountainous with lots of uphills and twisties. The Fusion felt right at home. Even my wife liked the handling and throttle response. But, we're looking for a minivan. Soooo........shucks. The AWD V6 Fusion would've been a great replacement for the Contour.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ah... the joys of marriage... I'm so glad we've already got one seven-seater, so I don't have to worry about getting a family-friendly (meaning beyond five seats) car.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Ah... the joys of marriage... I'm so glad we've already got one seven-seater, so I don't have to worry about getting a family-friendly (meaning beyond five seats) car.
    sir niky...ano po ba yun 7 seater unit nyo?,,,,,idol ko kasi kayo eh..baka pwede ko pag ipunan,,,,,makabili din sa future.....

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sherwintommy View Post
    sir niky...ano po ba yun 7 seater unit nyo?,,,,,idol ko kasi kayo eh..baka pwede ko pag ipunan,,,,,makabili din sa future.....
    You wouldn't want our seven-seater... ...it's.... a Crosswind...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
2008 Mazda 6 vs. 2007 Toyota Camry