New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006

Between the two...I like the looks of the Accord. Its fresher and sporty. Camry is typical for grandpa.

These are the ones that are available in the Philippines.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by restituto View Post

Between the two...I like the looks of the Accord. Its fresher and sporty. Camry is typical for grandpa.

To me, the Honda looks even more a Grandpa's car than the Camry. The Camry has a clean and sleek, if not sporty, look to it. But, the new Accord is downright cluttered. I can't see where the Accord looks sporty. Just because it's newer doesn't mean it looks better.

Sure, the Camry has chrome which most Grandpa cars have. But the Accord has even more of it.

Personally, I think we have a new champion for the Grandpa car look...

Where's the new Mazda 6?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006

To me, the Honda looks even more a Grandpa's car than the Camry. The Camry has a clean and sleek, if not sporty, look to it. But, the new Accord is downright cluttered, esp the rear end. I can't see where the Accord looks sporty. Just because it's newer doesn't mean it looks better.

Sure, the Camry has chrome which most Grandpa cars have. But the Accord has even more of it.

Personally, I think we have a new champion for the Grandpa car look...

Where's the new Mazda 6?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    This would be the sporty-looking Accord, the coupe. If only Honda made a straight 4-door version of this:

From Honda.com....

Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 22nd, 2008 at 05:43 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    The Asian version of Camry looks better than its US counterpart.

USDM CAMRY2009:

ASIAN VERSION

USDM Camry

CAMRY ASIAN VERSION

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'm still not gelling with the looks of the new Accord... Maybe it'll grow on me, but the grille... just the grille... it's too awkward, IMHO.

I'm not surprised they found it soft... mbt wrote on the other boards that he found it a bit too... genteel for a V6 sedan... and he was wondering where the other ponies went.

Which is a shame... the old one, even in "soft" trim, was a hoot to drive.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Asian version of Camry looks better than its US counterpart.
    That's probably true although most of what I see of the Camrys here are tail lights....esp the V6 Camrys. Their owners love to push their cars.

Plus, like KBR's Camry, there are more Camry options available here like factory sports (stiffened) suspensions and factory body kits.

I think Honda's goal with the Accord is to make the Accord a better Camry which why it's bigger and heavier with no hp advantage over the Toyota.

I'm mixed on the sedan. But, the Accord coupe looks great. I'd put the coupe in the same company with the Mazda 6 and Nissan Altima.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Looks go to the Camry here. Although it's no Euro in design, at least it's not ashamed to show its bulk. The flows are smooth and safe, which is in no way ugly. The Accord is back to its dorky self, this time unsure whether it looks sharp or rounded. The wide, boxy front tapers to a rear that contours to a compact shape as part of Honda's effort to make the car look smaller than it actually is. The tail lights look like unfinished business, with afterthought rectangular garnishes that are anything but beautiful.

Interior-wise, the Honda wins. This is among the best dashboards I've ever seen. The Toyota is also pretty good but still somewhat boring as the Camry moniker entails ever since. Space is pretty much the same for both cars.

I've tested a Camry 4-cylinder. Though sharper than the previous version, it still lacks a great deal of sportiness. Steering provided more feedback than the feather-light system before, and the ride is less soft but still smooth and compromises quite well with better handling. I should say it's a bit better than the previous Accord overall. I haven't tried the new one but I presume it's a more involving drive.

As for the engine, Honda's new VCM is yet another good gimmick. Toyota's Dual VVTi proved to be slightly quicker and just as economical overall. The 6-speed auto is very smooth as well, and I'm not sure if the Accord's 5-speed would be at par.

Overall, there's no outright winner. I'll be lying if I say one's better than the other. There are good and bad points between both cars and it all boils down to driver preference. The Camry is a very safe, reliable choice yet again, but if Honda decides to butt-lift the Accord in a couple of years, I might pick that when the time comes.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if you are to choose a Honda better yet check Honda VCM643. Honda VCM43 is quite a versatile version of Honda car its new system enables you to switch between six, four and three cylinder engine operations. It also has a unique deactivation system wherein cylinders #3 and #4 will be auto disengages in both rear and front banks when you are under the light load or in steady cruising. During low speed travel or descending, #1, #2. And #3 cylinders in the rear is also disengages maintaining 3 cylinders running your engine—talk about fuel economy! This and all does not reduce the performance expected for the V6 engine of your Honda VCM43 it only optimizes and saves you fuel.

Honda VCM43 only activates the engine’s cylinder as needed either by acceleration or fuel efficiency. It can be breakdown as this: if you use a 6 cylinder mode as naturally your engine kicks a full power V6 engine at its best, while you’re in 4 cylinder mode, both power and fuel efficiency is achieved, but when you want an all the way fuel efficiency and savings go for a 3 cylinder mode. Now that’s diversity in power options and fuel management alternative. Take note that when you choose the 3 cylinder mode of the Honda VCM43 the power is still there. now that i think will help you to decide.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    and oh, by the way i forgot to mention their site above its http://www.vcm643.com/
    Its not as if i'm making a sale or anything here i just want to impart to you
    guys these amazing benefits i discovered.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2008 Honda Accord or Toyota Camry