New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    thanks for the replies .... and keep them coming pls.

test drove the Explorer at Ford Global City ... also drove it for two weeks from LA to Vegas to Grand Canyon and back with some rough road driving included .... sold na sold na family with ride comfort , space and performance. problem lang is how will it perform on Philippine roads.

have yet to see and test drive the Gen 3.5/4 Pajero ... wala na showroom unit sa Mitsubishi Otis .

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    pajero is more fuel efficient

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Explorer does okay on Philippine roads. Uncle has had one for about two years, has driven it to Batangas, Pangasinan and Baguio. No problems. The soft and supple suspension really soaks up the bumps. Only dislike for the 07 is that the brakes feel softer than the older Explorer's somehow... but a switch from the stock Ford brakepads (Motocraft, I believe) to Bendix should help change that.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    well I finally got to see the 2007 pajero at diamond motors quezon ave ...

not too impressed i'm sad to say

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ok i need a paj just send it to me. hehe joke

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *bayonic: What didn't you like about the Pajero? Interior look and feel? Or the exterior?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    might have been the fabric seats.
    iam3739.com

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    *bayonic: What didn't you like about the Pajero? Interior look and feel? Or the exterior?
    looking at technical specs , safety features , lineage and renowned durability ; the new pajero may be a winner on paper. ( i have a 5 year old fieldmaster and i have no major problems or complaints with it )

i don't know ... perhaps it's just a first impression. i had to content myself with studying the brochure for several days before i was able to track down a display unit for a closer look ... and then ;

1.) the spare tire carrier
    2.) the standard wheels/rims
    3.) and this is very important to me ; the third row seats ... how it folds down... legroom ...
    4.) and oh yes the fabric seats.

according to the sales guy , the fabric seats were chosen over leather because of the airbags/side curtains ? is this true ?

5.) there's also this thing with the Rockford Fosgate audio system ... nakapatong sa display unit yung ad display pero hindi naman pala. it's only for the Outlander models.

of course , these are my PERSONAL opinions based on MY taste and MY requirements.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    my bro's new mz6 has side curtains/airbags, and its seats are leather.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ah. Most likely they mean that their leather seat supplier can't fashion the seat covers to clear the side airbags properly. Which means the side airbags come out of the sides of the seats.

Too bad. Cars of this price, you expect leather as standard.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
2007 Pajero vs 2007 Ford Explorer