New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    main concerns :

1. Fuel Economy
    2. Warranty and Post-Warranty Maintenance Costs
    3. How well and comfortable it can sit 5 adults and 2 kids.
    4. Resale value ( after 5 years )
    5. Ride Quality / Safety Features

thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    magbigay ka ng specific models sa dalawa para magkaroon tayo ng apples to apples na comparo.

i've owned three explorers in the past (v6 and v8) and kept them around 100k miles before i realized that cars suit me best. regular maintenance such as oil change, break pads, etc. lang ang ginawa ko. other than the tire recall and throttle cable recall, i've never had problems with them.

regarding resale value ford explorer has a higher resale value than mitsubishi pajero (montero in america). that has been my observation from browsing the used auto classifieds.

warranty covers anything that is not a wear and tear item. maintenance costs are wear and tear, so warranty and maintenance costs are two different items. normal maintenance such as oil change should be pretty easy. just buy the oil and oil filter and do it yourself. if not, i suggest going to a reputable mechanic for maintenance. i never go to an auto dealership's service department. they charge twice as much for parts.
    Last edited by n2knee; June 1st, 2007 at 09:33 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    thanks for the reply ...

i'm trying to compare the following :

2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer ; 4X2 ; 4.0L V6 ; GAS ; around 2.3M

2007 Pajero ; 4X4 ; 3.2L CRDI ; Diesel or 3.8L V6

i guess i'll also have to clarify the maintenance costs :
    i want to know what are the differences between the two when it comes to the following :
    1. Regular Warranty Service during the 3 year/100K Km warranty period
    2. Average Maintenance Cost after the Warranty Period

thanks again

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    1. Fuel Economy

Pajero diesel would be best by a landslide. Gas engines should be similar, but Ford's big engines often gulp worse than most.

Di ka naman talo sa maintenance cost ng Explorer... Dealership maintenance of the Mitsubishi Pajero is expensive. Ford's dealerships charge a fair rate (I'm often surprised that it's not much more than outside), but some parts aren't kept in stock, so you'll have to wait for them... if they're coming from the US, it's a looooong wait.

After warranty, neither vehicle is very common (don't expect Banaue stores to stock up on parts for this new-generation Pajero like they do the old Fieldmaster)... worst case scenario is you would have to order parts from the US (Ford) or from Japan (Mitsubishi), but that's worst case scenario.

I find the rear perches of the Explorer more comfortable than the Pajero's. It's got a great third row, too.

If both are gas, resale value won't be very good after five years. I'd say the Explorer would keep only about 30% of its value after that time. People here don't like buying secondhand gasoline vehicles very much. The Pajero V6 should have an advantage in resale, but how much, I don't know, they don't often come up for sale. It's probably slight... people are still wary of Mitsus, they keep expecting Mitsubishi to collapse (due to its recent problems) even though they seem well on the way to recovery.

A diesel Pajero should be able to retain 40-50% of its value.... but 50% might be pushing it. You can't go wrong with selling a secondhand diesel in the Philippines, whatever the brand.

The Explorer has a nice, cushy ride. Soft, but not uncontrolled. The Pajero's ride is firmer, but it's supple, not harsh... it's got a good, long stroke. The Pajero has the edge in handling, I think, but I haven't driven them back to back.

Safety features are great on the new Explorer. I haven't seen the new Pajero's spec sheet yet, but I'm sure they're more than adequate.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    gaano ba kaimportante ang 4-wheel drive sa iyo bro?

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Fuel Economy -
    Expect sub 6km/ltr on the Pajero and Explorer V6s. Diesel should be best but require twice as much trips to the service shop. Also, diesel fumes easily permeate the cabin once you open the rear door

Service -
    I've always had bad experience with Mitsu service and their ability to honor warranty (from personal experience). Probably because it's really run like any typical local company. Ford is more professional - I've never had a bad experience with servicing my F-150 before.

Resale Value -
    I think you should plan for at least a 10 year ownership for these types of vehicles because the return is really more on the intagibles. Reliability, prestige, comfort etc. etc. After 10 years, all SUVs settle at 400k - 500k no matter what brand or engine (although Pajero/Montero V6 fetches more) - give or take 50k, he he

Comfort -
    Definitely Ford. Cushy american ride with the V6 snarl.

get the Eddie Bauer with the tan interior - it's as American as you can get..

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bayonic View Post
    main concerns :

1. Fuel Economy

thanks in advance
    Our 2k5 Ford Explorer EB:

1. Fuel Economy: accdg. to computer trip meter 28L/100km. lakas grabe

2. Warranty and Post-Warranty Maintenance Costs: 5k last pms po namin. coz of synthentic oil. next pms, after 6 months.

3. How well and comfortable it can sit 5 adults and 2 kids: very comfortable po coz it's 7 seater. seats are so relaxing.

4. Resale value ( after 5 years ): very bad. right now our 2k5 Explorer is worth 1.2M lang sa used market.

5. Ride Quality / Safety Features: the best! it's like a big CRV or Escape! very powerful and very comfortable.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    hi guys..for me.. i go to FORD EXPLORER 07..i haven't test drive the new ford..but they really ROCKS!!!..i already owned a FORD RANGER..i've drived a EXPLORER before when i was in Vancouver..it's really nice and easy handling..so maybe in the future..

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Mag-Pajero Gen 3.5/4 ka nalang.

The new 2007 Explorer is so big and bulky that you would literally have a harder time parking that bigger-oversized mammoth.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hmmm... Pajero for me... See my sig... Im salivating... hehehe LOL!
    iam3739.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
2007 Pajero vs 2007 Ford Explorer