New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    OUTLANDER na.. CRV kasi plastic ung bumpers, di naman sa nagmumukhang cheap pero plastic bumpers are so 90's. Dapat standard na ung body color.

Onga eh, ung CRV masyadong common na. Ung Outlander less than 100 pa lang cguro.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Based on the looks alone...OUTLANDER gets my vote....i hope the quality and reliabilty goes with it....

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    hehe. Yun ang issue.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Will the new Outlander also have the OEM Rockford Fosgate sound system with the built-in sub in the cargo area?

I'm a bit partial to drop down tailgates (they're very useful) and the Outlander has that. The CR-V just has a boring liftup tailagate that does nothing special.

Each one has their own virtues and vices, but I prefer the Outlander.

But in all probability, the CR-V will still sell more based on the blind faith some people put on the H badge. Kahit siguro lagyan ng Honda ng malaking rebulto ng et*ts sa hood ang CR-V, people will still buy it simply because it's a Honda. Just take a look at how people talk about cars in non-enthusiast sites (e.g. PEx). May mga lines na 'Jazz it's better because it's a Honda' or 'Basta Honda!' and other pretty baseless statements. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Will the new Outlander also have the OEM Rockford Fosgate sound system with the built-in sub in the cargo area?

I'm a bit partial to drop down tailgates (they're very useful) and the Outlander has that. The CR-V just has a boring liftup tailagate that does nothing special.

But in all probability, the CR-V will still sell more based on the blind faith some people put on the H badge. Kahit siguro lagyan ng Honda ng malaking rebulto ng et*ts sa hood ang CR-V, people will still buy it simply because it's a Honda. Just take a look at how people talk about cars in non-enthusiast sites (e.g. PEx). May mga lines na 'Jazz it's better because it's a Honda' or 'Basta Honda!' and other pretty baseless statements. hehehe.
    ung top of the line po na outlander ang nka rockford na sound system. ung display sa moa nka rockford na d ko lang po nkita ung subs

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yep yung nakadisplay sa MOA andun yung RF sub sa cargo area nasa left side

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post

It's kinda hard din naman to blame them. They probably had sh&tty experiences with previous vehicles then when they tried an earlier version of the honda, they felt like they were kicked out of Eden then welcomed right back. hehehe. That's how I felt with my hondas (2002 & 1997 civics) after my previous experiences.

Realizing that Mitsu ALSO used to have a stellar rep before they became dubious with the earlier L2 and lancers, I suppose it's also perfectly possible for honda to do the same. What with the Civic 06 reports, that seems all too likely! AFAIK, Mitsu had shares in hcpi before -- not sure lang though.

I guess we have no choice but to wait for feedback especially from non-initial release buyers before deciding. I'm kinda wary on judging from pure specs myself. Wala pa kasing factors like reliability, etc.

One things for sure -- sana naman sa dami ng ilalabas nitong taon na ito, may lumabas naman na exact opposite ng lemon!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Some more facts to help you decide:

CRV
    - 2.4L 4-cyl i-VTEC engine
    - 5 seater only
    - Real-time 4WD

Outlander
    - 2.4L 4-cyl MIVEC or 3.0L V6 MIVEC engines
    - 5 seater with 7 seat option
    - Selectable 4WD (2WD, 4WD or auto)

BTW, it is the previous gen Outlander that shares the AWD system with the Lancer Evo IX. That means constant AWD with 50-50 split (?, I think). The current gen shares its 4WD system with the Pajero.

The CRV retains its Real-time 4WD system from the previous CRV. That means its in FWD until slippage is detected, then power (50%?) is sent to the rear wheels.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    They should realize that CRDi is the way to go.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    They should realize that CRDi is the way to go.
    Mitsubishi was actually one of the first manufacturers to introduce DiD on their Pajero, along with Isuzu.

I guess their choice to go gas only on the Outlander is largely due to the target markets. The USA have never been big on diesels, and I don't believe they would sell that many diesels versions in Japan either.

Maybe they'll introduce a diesel for the European market.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
2007 CRV vs 2007 Outlander