New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    the current accord is oudated.08 accord vs 07 camry would be a better comparison.kelan ba lalabas next gen accord?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by freespin View Post
    which is better sa dalawa? my sister is going to buy one and she is choosing between the camry and accord. she asked me, eh wala ako alam eh! but i really like the looks of the camry!
    Those pics you posted are the 4 cylinders, the Accord LX and the Camry LE, these are the exact two cars I was looking at prior to making purchase. So I did a lot of test driving,...here are my inputs.....

Advantages ng Accord: 166hp compared to 158hp or 155hp PZEV (green States) ang Camry. Handling is better sa Accord pero ang Camry ay so quite and so smooth ride, it's so quite that it gets boring sometimes, parang nakaupo ka lang sa sofa sa bahay (good for passengers but not so good for driver) I like the LED tail lights ng Accord but I like the projector head lamps ng Camry. Camry feels bigger at mas maluwag sa loob, interior wise mas gusto ko ang Camry, exterior wise Camry pa rin. Mataas ang shoulder line ng Camry ala Chrysler 300, hence mas narrow and side windows, so if you drive next to a Camry di mo makikita ang dash ng Camry. Sa Accord naman whenever I get in sa driver's side eh laging tumatama ang tuhod ko sa steering column. Mas gusto ko ang pag shift ng Camry ala Chedeng whereas sa Accord you press a button and hold for you to shift, Mas gusto ko ang hand brake ng Accord compre to foot brake ng Camry but you get less space sa center console mo on the Accord. Safety wise I think lamang ang Camry with 7 airbags including driver's knee airbag. In the end they are both winners for me, kahit alin sa dalawa ang kinuha namin eh I am sure we will be happy...but we chose the Camry.
    Last edited by Camgen6; April 5th, 2007 at 09:21 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    The legacy is a compact? Is that based on internal volume or something? I rode in one and the feel was definitely exec sedan to me.
    The Legacy sedan falls under compact I'd guess based on total interior space. The Legacy wagon falls under midsize because it does have more interior space than the Legacy sedan. But it's a midsize, just barely. I've ridden as a passenger at the back seat of a Legacy wagon. It did seem a bit tight for me, much like the Mazda 6.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanut View Post
    the current accord is oudated.08 accord vs 07 camry would be a better comparison.kelan ba lalabas next gen accord?
    yup, it's unfair to compare the current accord with the 07 camry , it is just like comparing the new civic with the current corolla altis, more people will go for the new civic

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by s600 View Post
    yup, it's unfair to compare the current accord with the 07 camry , it is just like comparing the new civic with the current corolla altis, more people will go for the new civic
    It might seem that way. But, it's also valid to compare whatever is available. If all Honda has is the current-model Accord, then that's it. The only other option is to drop Honda from consideration.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    oo nga. paano naman mag compare sa modelong wala pa sa market! kung anung available jan, yang ang dapat i-compare!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by freespin View Post
    oo nga. paano naman mag compare sa modelong wala pa sa market! kung anung available jan, yang ang dapat i-compare!
    The Honda may not be as quick. But, everything else about the current model is still competitive. Although I voted Camry, the winning margin is pretty close....very close.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    The legacy is a compact? Is that based on internal volume or something? I rode in one and the feel was definitely exec sedan to me.
    The Legacy is classified as a compact by the EPA based on passenger and cargo volume. The Legacy with 102.3 cubic ft of combine volume is classified as a compact. Executive sedan is not a classification but a marketing term used by car makers. BTW what you consider to be an executive sedan is just a regular family car in other markets.

Here is the site with the car and truck classification.
    http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/info.shtml#sizeclasses

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    CAMRY!
    IMO, this is the first time the Camry wins over the Accord!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    The Legacy is classified as a compact by the EPA based on passenger and cargo volume. The Legacy with 102.3 cubic ft of combine volume is classified as a compact. Executive sedan is not a classification but a marketing term used by car makers. BTW what you consider to be an executive sedan is just a regular family car in other markets.

Here is the site with the car and truck classification.
    http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/info.shtml#sizeclasses
    Oh, ok. I was a bit off. But, that accounts for why the Legacy sedan is a compact and the Legacy Wagon is a mid-size. More room in the back....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2007 camry vs 2007 accord