New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Get the 2.4V na, para naman you don't end up with the really bare model that you'll still have to accessorize.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    If you break down the added features of the V, mas OK lumalabas ang add'l 200K. Besides those toys mentioned earlier, meron pa yung powered seats sa rear, powered rear sunshade, remote audio and aircon sa rear armrest and sa steering wheel, 6 disc CD/ MP3 player, Alarm and Immobilizer.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    The 3.5 li (2GR-FE) of the Camry is really not much of a gas guzzler compared to the 2.4 li (2AZ-FE). In fact, the RAV4 in the U.S. uses the two engines and the difference in their fuel consumption rate is only 1 MPG.

Genuine leather seats (not combo) installed at Kelseats will probably cost P50K or so. Along with wood panelling, I estimate it would less than Php 80K for the upgrade.

Features added to the 2.4V on top of those on the 2.4G.

-added wood grain to shifter,steering wheel and console box
    -8 way front power seats.
    -2 way rear passenger seats.
    -rear passenger armrest control panel
    -tri-color speedometer
    -leather upholstery
    -power rear sunshade
    -Cruise control
    -Immobilizer
    - In dash 6 CD

My vote goes to the 2.4G. If the abovementioned features are not important to you, then go ahead and the save the difference the two variants.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    The 3.5 li (2GR-FE) of the Camry is really not much of a gas guzzler compared to the 2.4 li (2AZ-FE). In fact, the RAV4 in the U.S. uses the two engines and the difference in their fuel consumption rate is only 1 MPG.

Genuine leather seats (not combo) installed at Kelseats will probably cost P50K or so. Along with wood panelling, I estimate it would less than Php 80K for the upgrade.

Features added to the 2.4V on top of those on the 2.4G.

-added wood grain to shifter,steering wheel and console box
    -8 way front power seats.
    -2 way rear passenger seats.
    -rear passenger armrest control panel
    -tri-color speedometer
    -leather upholstery
    -power rear sunshade
    -Cruise control
    -Immobilizer
    - In dash 6 CD

My vote goes to the 2.4G. If the abovementioned features are not important to you, then go ahead and the save the difference the two variants.
    Correction sa 2.4V features, tri-color speedometer is not available as specified in their brochure. Either that or i just got a non-tri-colored V Variant

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    2.4 G for me it's still a camry, regerdless of the variant. just get good quality leather seatcovers from boy chingcuangco

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Indulge a bit and spring for the additional 200K if it's not much of a burden on the pocket. You might find the entry-level Camry a tad too bare... (Mag Altis 1.8 G nalang or Civic 2.0... hehe)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Ah talaga? It would be interesting if that difference remained the same in rush hour Manila traffic.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *snail, lemme throw the question back at ya bro.... how much is 200k worth to you? If it's a big deal then by all means go for the 2.4. Pero kung peanuts lang kay Papa, i say go for the V6!!!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Mas ok at practical ang 2.4 G.Ok naman kasi ang seats nito kahit hindi leather....

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    my dad decided to get the 3.5Q. we were originally planning to get the 2.4V but after telling him about all the extra feautures of the 3.5, he told me that since we'd be splurging for a camry nalang rin, might as well go for all the marbles na and besides, we tend to hang on to our cars for quite a bit, so even after a few years down the road, at least our camry's not going to seem too outdated features-wise. i dont think gas consumption would be too big of an issue since traffic's not that bad naman here, mostly for home-office and occasional gimmicks lang naman gagamitin yung car. and some of the posts here affirmed what i was thinking all along that the Q's consumption isn't that far off the 2.4's because of its better power-to-weight ratio, hence reducing strain on the engine (logical po ba?). we'll be getting the unit in about a week, pearl white mica. not bad, we got P30k off plus additional discounts on the insurance and LTO registration. probably because they only sell a handful of camrys here kaya we were given a lot of discounts. thanks for all the advise and sorry for the really long post..

to those who have or have driven the 3.5Q, please comment on your experiences naman po, how's the torque steer and whats your average consumption? now if only there were a super highway here...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
2007 camry 2.4G or 2.4V?