New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Since its for your wife, the Merc will do its best and more comfortable on the road. Why not consider the VW group of vehicles? Like Audi.
    iam3739.com

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO the 328i is roughly comparable performance-wise to the C300. of course, just like any bimmer-merc comparison, the bmw wins the driving dynamics battle, and feels faster (never drove them side-by-side so i can't comment on whether it actually is faster).

styling is subjective, but i think the mercedes wins, easily. the only 3-series i would consider is the coupe, but i don't know if that's an option for you (my e46 coupe is very liveable in the backseat, but if you have young kids with car seats, it will be a PITA). the mercedes (08 model) is simply a beautiful machine, inside and out. i think the company really nailed the design with this one.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    yup, i have a 3 year old who needs a carseat, but 90% of the time, he rides with me in the expy, so that is really not an issue.

they do not have good deals on the coupe though. i guess it is about supply and demand.

yup, middle to end of October is my timeframe kasi i have to gie my wife's car to my brother by that time.

what do you guys think of the 4 year maintennance program of the BMW? I think this will be the dealmaker for me. no surprise costs for 4 years/50,000 miles. I have never owned a german vehicle so I don't know what the maintennance costs are.

as for the Audi, i really don't like that huge grill/chin combo.

my wife and I are putting a strict cap of $400 a month talaga (kuripot kasi) so i think the 2008 C300 is out of the question unless i put a huge down which I don't want to do at this time
    Last edited by luckytruck; September 24th, 2007 at 02:47 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the free maintenance is a godsend. both the mercs and bimmers we have owned (some mine, some my parents, some my cousins/siblings) have been very expensive when it comes to parts and standard maintenance. the dealer, for example, routinely charges $100 plus for oil changes (of course, you can DIY or not take it to the dealer to save money) and other scheduled maintenance work.

keep in mind, however, that wear-and-tear items are not included, and they can be very pricey. some time in that 3 or 4-year lease you will need to replace brake pads (expensive) and the bimmer will also need new z-rated tires ($600-1000). wiper blades also. so it's not totally headache-free, but still a very big benefit. i loved picking up my car afterwards and seeing an invoice that reads "total amount due: $0.00"

if you do test drive the new C, paki review naman...it would be very helpful for those of us facing similar decisions

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    from the BMW website, it looks like i only have to worry about tires for the duration of the 4 year/50,000 mile period. this might really push me to get a BMW.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

"For most luxury cars, maintenance is a hidden cost to consider. And when you compare maintenance programs, it’s clear they’re not all the same.

In fact, the BMW Maintenance Program* is one of the most comprehensive programs in its class and it offers the longest coverage period.

We cover all factory-recommended maintenance at no charge for four years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first, as well as items that need replacement due to regular wear and tear.

Your maintenance costs:

Scheduled inspections: $0
    Brake Pads: $0
    Brake Rotors: $0
    Engine Belts: $0
    Oil Changes: $0
    Wiper Blade Inserts: $0
    Inspections: $0
    Fluid Services: $0

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    well, my family and i went to the bmw and mercedes dealers in Calabasas to take a look at the 329i vs the C300.

sa itsura pa lang, wala talagang sinabi ang 328i sa bagong c300 sport. we went late na, mga 7pm, so no time to test drive..... but from the exterior pa lang, ibang klase talaga ang bagong c300.

my wife really wants a mercedes, so it looks like I will be reevaluating my monthly budget to see if we can squeeze the c300 into our budget. she is going to be the one driving it everyday, so her opinion is important

but, yup close, iba talaga ang dating. maybe next weekend, test drive na

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Luckytruck, why don't you join us on our EB tomorrow? See this thread

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/even...-new-post.html

Sa Buena Park kami magkikita. Alam ko 4 people will go with new rides pero galing Las Vegas pa sila. One of the regulars has a C230 K, one has an S55 AMG and the rest are older models like w124, w123, w201, etc.

There's a dealer nearby, House of Imports, should you want to drive there too

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    pare, i am really sold on the c300 na. maybe i can get my boss to bump up my car allowance by a hundred or so a month. that should cover the difference between the 328i and the c300

I will think about the EB. I am attending the MBA fair in downtown LA at 12:30pm to 3 pm tomorrow kasi then i have to pick up my wife in Camarillo at 5pm and then go to Sta. Clarita.

andy

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    guys, need your opinion on colors for the c300 sport:

1) barolo red
    2) capri blue
    3) pewter
    4) steel gray

i did not add black kasi black na ang expy namin

andy

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    What's pewter? Parang ayaw ko ng gray kasi common na sa mga Benz. Red ako, kasi yung blue parang diplomat ka or ambassador ng India and Malaysia.

Btw, have you seen this one?
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1XPkkgN08E"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1XPkkgN08E[/ame]
    iam3739.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2007 C230 Sport vs 2008 C300 Sport