New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    May galit si chickeness sa bagong Camry...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    and today i leaning towards the camry...

gusto ko sa backseat muna...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *chickeness: As Carlocaraddict or oldblue would say: Don't judge a car until you've driven it or owned it. (actually, oldblue would say "Shut your mouth!" :hihihi: )

Take it from me, I'd always thought of Camrys as "duh" cars... invisible and not worth mentioning... but since I rode in one, I've changed my tune... any car that can relax you the way that a new Camry does after a long day's work is Mercedes-level luxury in my book.

True, the suspension sophistication is no match for a real Mercedes, and the interior materials on the previous one are a far cry from Germanic build (but the new one looks and feels top-notch), but 90% of the luxury for 30% of the price? Heck yeah!

------

RE: performance... true, the inline six 3-series engine is a smashing piece of work, but it costs a lot more than the Camry... ...If C&D gets mid-6 out of a car, that's about as fast as it can go...

If Edmunds gets 6.5 out of a car, there might be another .3 to .5 seconds to get out of it... but then again, C! tested it at 7 seconds, too (can nobody in the world launch an automatic properly!?!).

Definitely, the 3-series would win on any road course, but with a sporting suspension, nice big mags and run-flats, would it win the "granny" test?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just remember, a few years down the road the new Camry will just be another fish in a sea of Toyotas here in the Metro.

While the BMW is still proudly showing off its blue & white propeller badge. Even an E30 would make passerbys look twice at the car just because it is a BMW. ;)

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I can't seem to justify spending P2.0M+ on a 2.0L BMW that'll have a hard time shaking off a honda civic 2.0.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Just remember, a few years down the road the new Camry will just be another fish in a sea of Toyotas here in the Metro.

While the BMW is still proudly showing off its blue & white propeller badge. Even an E30 would make passerbys look twice at the car just because it is a BMW. ;)
    true! i am living testament of this, one of the factors that has prevented me from selling off my 10yrs old E36 weekend car is because no matter how old it is, it will always be a bimmer. it may be old but it turns heads even more than some bnew cars, no joke. now if it were a 10yrs old camry or accord, that would've been disposed of in no time

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rab View Post
    I can't seem to justify spending P2.0M+ on a 2.0L BMW that'll have a hard time shaking off a honda civic 2.0.
    Just tell the guy beside you at the stoplight: "I've got a Beemer, I've got a Beemer, nyah nyah na-nah-nah..."

Depends where you're doing the shaking... downhill from Tagaytay... I'll place my bets on the BMW, but I'd bet the Civic could win on the straights.

Of course, I'd be waiting for them at the bottom, sipping a Coke at the gas station... slowpokes...

It's not the power, mind you (hey, if that was all that mattered, we'd all be driving engine-swapped hatchbacks with their front chins dug into the ground... ), but handling matters, too. That's about the only justification for the Miata's pathetic engine hardware. Bigger engines would upset the little car's great balance.

----

RE: Just another Camry in a sea of Toyotas? Hmmmmm.... might happen. But then, you don't buy a Toyota to impress your friends, anyway.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    BMW is a BMW. Whatever the specs say, i'd still go with E90 (actually i like 520d more). hehe

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    lagyan nyo ng L badge yung Camry para fair...

So its a showdown between a Lexus Camry & BMW 3...

bwahahahaha

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Come on guys, ...Never pretend... not to show the obvious...

The only reason the Camry would be chosen here is because of it's price.
    ( Which personally, I do still think is way too high )... and toyota is doing an injustice and killing with it's ridiculous price together with their other line ups like the Rav 4 and Previa;

If the Bimmer would be priced the same... then it wins overall hands down!

That's why personally my general practical rule... " Never get new Bimmers, Mercedez or any European cars in the Philippines... because their current prices are just overpriced and loaded with layers of taxes...

get them 1 or 2 years later slightly used and then you can get them almost half of its current selling price...

for example... a 2006 E 240 would cost around 3.9 to 4.5 Million, but for almost the same model variant and in crisp condition a 2002-2003 E 240 now sells for 2.5 - 2.8 Million!!!

Get my drift?

Conclusion---- BMW! pero yung slightly used.. Hehehe

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
2006 Toyota Camry vs. 2006 BMW 3 Series