New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Personally, I would go for Altis. It's already an A/T at mas malakas ang makina at 1.6.
    Last edited by j_avonni; September 17th, 2006 at 05:10 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd go with the Altis, my petite sister drove one in her driving school class and it seems that the "high" dashboard and M/T isn't a problem at all.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    How old is the Altis? Get it if you can manage to wrangle a lower price.

It is better to let your daughter try/practice with a manual transmission first and let her decide whether she can manage with it or not. If not, the City you suggested is still a good choice. I think if you add another Php 80,000 +/- to the price of the 1.3 City you can get the 1.5 variant with lots of add ons such as ABS , airbags, etc.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Well kept Altis....go for it!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Altis din. My female cousins who absolutely have no love for cars have no problems driving their Civic and Frontier. Both M/T.

You get more metal for your money with the Altis.

If you're not in a hurry, there are also A/T vehicles in the pre-owned market.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    id also go for the altis pero since its for your daughter .. just get her the brand new car para de na siya mahassle mahirapan plus make it a matic na

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Altis. More metal, more space, Good economy, and since it's a Corolla, and secondhand, to boot, you won't wince every time she gets a small scrape or ding.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    altis for me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2005 ALTIS 1.6 E or brand new CITY 1.3 CVT