New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Are you serious? 5-6x a week sa track? Tuason racing school ba 'tong school na to? jk

For your first car, i suggest a Hyundai Eon GLS.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A 2.0R versus a 350Z on track? Even with the best driver in the world in the 2.0R, the 350Z would walk it three ways to sunday, even with an absolute idiot behind the wheel smoking the Z's front tires (in understeer) into every corner.

A 2.0R with a stick is relatively fun to drive, but it's slow-ish, heavy and soft. The soft suspension allows the rear end to break away in low-speed scandinavian flicks, but at higher speeds, all you'll get is the same understeer, understeer, understeer that front-drivers get... especially as seeing the 2.0R doesn't get the fancy differentials front-rear-and-center that the STI has. With the automatic, you get both understeer and a transmission that's slow, clumsy and limited to four gears. My Lynx, even in stock trim, would walk it both in the corners and on the straights (even if the 2.0R handles in a more neutral manner)

-

Perhaps the thread starter was talking about a secondhand imported turbo Impreza?

That would be more exciting, but I still wouldn't recommend either car as a first car. Too easy to get into an accident or to get killed if you're the type who likes to drive fast.

Because no matter how competent the car is... no matter how much grip the tires have, how responsive the steering is, or how secure the handling is, if you drive it like an idiot, you're going off the road. And the only difference then between rear-wheel drive, front-wheel drive and four-wheel drive is which end of the car is going off first.

(reference: Richard Guttierez: Nissan GT-R; The Subaru accidents on EDSA; The Audi Accident on C5... etcetera...)

-

First car, no bull, if you really want something "sporty" looking or "sporty", go for a Hyundai Veloster or, even better... a brand-new or almost-new MINI. The MINI One costs only 1.4m. It's economical, very, very, very stylish and fun to drive. As a date mobile, there's not much better out there. From the most "jologs" to the most "sosi" chicks, every girl digs a MINI.

And if you want to learn how to drive fast, it's a good teaching car. It has no handling vices, it's light and it has a great suspension and good brakes. The steering is better than a Subie, too (no offense, foresterx). Once you're comfortable with it, you can go the extra mile and dial out the rear camber (via adjustable arms) for a more neutral/tail-happy car. And yet, it doesn't have the outright horsepower that an STI or Z does, which means it won't get you into as much trouble... though it has more than enough power to be zippy in traffic. (with a stick)

Maintenance isn't cheap (personally, buy suspension and brake parts outside... just have the oil changed at the dealer), but then, neither is maintaining an eight year old Z. And MINIs have long oil change intervals, which means less time in service and more time on the road.
    Last edited by niky; July 17th, 2012 at 10:29 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    get the impreza 2.0 non turbo... hindi mo mapapasok o malalabas sa motel ang 350z mo.

4. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by daumingshirts View Post
    get the impreza 2.0 non turbo... hindi mo mapapasok o malalabas sa motel ang 350z mo.
    from experience ata to

seriously check the condition of the car first before buying, baka problema lang bilin mo lalo na kung gagamitin mo to 5 to 6 times a week sa track! mas nakakahiya sa chiks pag tinirik ka ng magarang sasakyan sa daan unless of course papakita mo kung gano ka kagaling mag ayos ng sasakyan hehe

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

-

Perhaps the thread starter was talking about a secondhand imported turbo Impreza?

-

First car, no bull, if you really want something "sporty" looking or "sporty", go for a Hyundai Veloster or, even better... a brand-new or almost-new MINI. The MINI One costs only 1.4m. It's economical, very, very, very stylish and fun to drive. As a date mobile, there's not much better out there. From the most "jologs" to the most "sosi" chicks, every girl digs a MINI.

And if you want to learn how to drive fast, it's a good teaching car. It has no handling vices, it's light and it has a great suspension and good brakes. The steering is better than a Subie, too (no offense, foresterx). Once you're comfortable with it, you can go the extra mile and dial out the rear camber (via adjustable arms) for a more neutral/tail-happy car. And yet, it doesn't have the outright horsepower that an STI or Z does, which means it won't get you into as much trouble... though it has more than enough power to be zippy in traffic. (with a stick)
    there is no 2008 2.0 impreza turbo made, the last 2.0 turbo subaru made was the 04 jdm STi.

i'm actually amazed at how well the mini's handle for such a small car and with only that much hp, it really feels like there is more hp than it actually has for the cooper s that is since i haven't driven the other trims of the mini. so no offense was taken on my part especially like i said on my other post, i'm a big fan of subaru's but i know what it can and can't do.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Baka kelangan dumaan sa race track papunta sa school yun TS. Pwede rin Genesis or FT86 if he can wait. Or mga tried and tested like the modded SIR or Silvia. Pero skill is still the most important factor, car comes later. Baka matalo ka pa ng Vios kung wala ka skills to handle a fast car. But still, this is a very expensive hobby so make sure you REALLY know what you want.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    For real? a newbie driver? powerful car Tapos 5-6x sa track per week?..

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    maybe it was just a misunderstanding, the car will be used 5-6x a week, not necessarily on the track.

mukhang everyday car to, so impreza 2.0R nalang.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Its like comparing apples and oranges.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    Are you serious? 5-6x a week sa track? Tuason racing school ba 'tong school na to? jk
    baka nga

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast