New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Kung ikaw lng sakay.
    1st car ever, lam mo naman san magpa-service ng 350Z? Hanap ng parts etc?
    Don't know if Nissan Casa stock parts of 350Z. Baka mahirapan ka.
    At least Impreza, lam mo may parts sa Subaru Casa.

Pero ikaw. Your choice.

If its your track car. Hehee, 350Z.
    Weak yun Impreza.

Its your first car. I know the feeling, that you want the best. Pero think about the consequences too.
    1. FC, lam naman natin jan babagsak to. :D
    2. Are you really going to a track? As in marunong ka na ba mag-race, baka drag race?
    3. Spare Parts for your car. If you track it, you have burned brakes, rotors clutches etc. Many more major issues long term. Do you have the funds for that? Ex. Blown engine, how'd you fix it?
    4. Tires
    5. The most airbags in a car = WINNER for u. :D

Sa speed 350Z
    Sa stability Impreza
    Sa handling Impreza
    Fun factor 350Z
    Practicality Impreza
    Parts, Impreza for now, but most likely equal, since Nissan sells 350Z here?
    Price on parts, not sure. Most likely 350Z costs more.
    Last edited by istan; July 16th, 2012 at 09:30 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kieferabad View Post
    Which one is better for my first car?help me bros. Thanks.

Given it's your first car and I can assume your driving experience is low, I will suggest neither cars. It would be best to get a lesser car to be your first car and to get some experience driving. Lesser car would be like a Civic, Corolla, etc...

If you insist of buying the 350Z, you'll probably have a major accident before your first year with it.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    *TS,

Do you even know technical stuff about your car? Baka naman headers, intake lang alam mo ha! Hehe. Just a warning!

Syempre if you track the car you should be knowledgeable enough. More so kung 350Z yan or Impreza.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Kung ikaw lng sakay.
    1st car ever, lam mo naman san magpa-service ng 350Z? Hanap ng parts etc?
    Don't know if Nissan Casa stock parts of 350Z. Baka mahirapan ka.
    At least Impreza, lam mo may parts sa Subaru Casa.

Pero ikaw. Your choice.

If its your track car. Hehee, 350Z.
    Weak yun Impreza.

Its your first car. I know the feeling, that you want the best. Pero think about the consequences too.
    1. FC, lam naman natin jan babagsak to. :D
    2. Are you really going to a track? As in marunong ka na ba mag-race, baka drag race?
    3. Spare Parts for your car. If you track it, you have burned brakes, rotors clutches etc. Many more major issues long term. Do you have the funds for that? Ex. Blown engine, how'd you fix it?
    4. Tires
    5. The most airbags in a car = WINNER for u. :D

Sa speed 350Z
    Sa stability Impreza
    Sa handling Impreza
    Fun factor 350Z
    Practicality Impreza
    Parts, Impreza for now, but most likely equal, since Nissan sells 350Z here?
    Price on parts, not sure. Most likely 350Z costs more.
    bro sorry but i just want to correct you to avoid confusion on TS's side.

stability - 350z will be a lot more stable than the impreza 2.0r especially in high speeds because it's lower, wider and wider/better tires
    handling - again 350z will out handle the impreza 2.0r even if the 2.0r is modded and the z is stock because the z has the better parts to make it handle pretty damn well

the only impreza that can out handle the Z is the STi but the impreza wrx and impreza 2.0r will be left to dust in a drag race and at the track. modified wrx different story though depending on the mods done and the skill of the driver but modded 2.0r even if heavily modified won't stand a chance unless you do a full engine swap and replace the full suspension. also stock to stock, z against sti it will be a drivers race on the track but ofcourse the sti will have a big advantage but if the driver of the z is better than the driver of the sti the z has a big chance of winning. i'm a big fan of subaru's in general but i know what it can do, it's limits and what cars it can go against.

anyway back to topic, both are 2nd hand so better check which one is in the better condition. if both are in really good condition the impreza will be more reliable in the long run plus it's 4 years younger than the z of your choice.

and i agree with gh, the z is a rwd sports car with too much power for a newbie driver like you. even good drivers with no experience on a rwd sports car can crash a car like that. rwd is the most fun car to drive but also needs more experience to push it's limits compared to a fwd or awd car. as simple as too much throttle on a turn even if it's a low speed turn can cause you to oversteer that easily and might crash your car.
    Last edited by foresterx; July 16th, 2012 at 09:57 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    *foresterX
    For stability and handling on track, I actually meant stability and handling during cornering, you know awd vs rwd.
    In a straight line, of course 350Z. Pero TS said track, so I was thinking of the turns.
    For speed, of course, no contest yun Impreza 2.0r sa 350Z. Engine size pa lng, talo na. HAHA!
    Drag race, talo Impreza.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Yeah i know what you were talking about but like i said the z will still be more stable and handle better on cornering for the reasons i mentioned on my earlier post. Just because a car is awd doesn't mean it will handle better. Plus the z is a true sports car while the impreza 2.0r is just a regular commuter car which wasn't made to be raced.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    *foresterX
    For stability and handling on track, I actually meant stability and handling during cornering, you know awd vs rwd.
    In a straight line, of course 350Z. Pero TS said track, so I was thinking of the turns.
    For speed, of course, no contest yun Impreza 2.0r sa 350Z. Engine size pa lng, talo na. HAHA!
    Drag race, talo Impreza.

Even if the impreza 2.0R has AWD "advantage", it doesn't have the power. You are looking at around 150hp.

Even with AWD, it doesn't make it a magic car that it will steer impossible corners. It is still subject to laws of physics and it will just understeer into the grass at the limits of it's tires traction if you bring it to the track.

350z might sound fun but without proper training or experience, pushing it's performance envelop will be dangerous. The simple act of putting too much throttle in a corner can quickly end with the car spinning out, hopefully without hitting anything.

Just because it's an expensive sports car doesn't mean it cannot crash, especially with an inexperience driver at the wheel.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Sounds like a case of rich parents, pampered kid, and an impulsive desire to buy a flashy car.

Get a 350Z. Para cool ka. Tapos makipagrezing rezing ka sa lahat ng bagay na gumagalaw, pati yung nagtutulak ng kariton.

Matanong lang, saang track ka 5-6 days a week?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    To the TS:

Whatever car you buy ....... DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    If you can afford to go to track 5-6 times a week, why are you buying 2nd hand cars? Parang unnecessary work on making sure the car is in good condition.. etc. when you seem to be able to, to put it lightly, "burn" money. Track is expensive afaik.
    Nothing wrong with buying 2nd hand cars pero I just found that weird.

Kung sa akin, kung first car mo talaga and you're not as experienced in driving pa siguro Vios or something ka muna.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast