New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    dudee,
    almost all new diesel powered will be crdi. It started with the hyundai starex and continued to its other models, then the isuzu alterra, next were the toyota models innova, hiace, fortunner, and last were mitsubishi with their gen 3 Pajero and gen 3 strada.

In the hilux 2.8, frontier 3.2 and strada 2.5 engines. The hilux and frontier are naturally aspirated while the strada has a turbo and an intercooler to maximize the power. If you would put the turbo and intercooler on the hilux and frontier syempre lalakas ang hp nila A naturally aspirated 2.5 mitsubishi engine only give 72hp when it is equipped with a turbo it reaches 88hp, but when you include the intercooler it rises to 100hp.

Sa frontier ok lang naman 3.2 yung engine, no problem its even better in the long term di kaagad malalaspag because you dont need to rev it high all the time unlike a smaller engine you usually want to rev it high to run fast. Sa strada nga yung evolution version nila they use a 3.5 dohc turbo intercooler gas engined.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by johnart
    dudee,

Sa frontier ok lang naman 3.2 yung engine, no problem its even better in the long term di kaagad malalaspag because you dont need to rev it high all the time unlike a smaller engine you usually want to rev it high to run fast. Sa strada nga yung evolution version nila they use a 3.5 dohc turbo intercooler gas engined.
    Johnart, I have to choose between a 2000 3.2 Frontier 4x4 at 500T and a 2001 Strada 4x4 at 550T, malaki ang price difference ng dalawa but the strada is lot bigger than the Frontier. Kung parehas ang price I would surely get the strada but it's NOT.

Matic ang Frontier, strada is Manual. Mas alaga ang Frontier sa itsura kaysa Strada...

What would be your pick? I'm still searching for other pick up pa nga.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    strada is more MACHO and tends to hold a higher resale value against the frontier, daming frontier ngayon! mataas yang 2000mdl at 500T.
    oh, check out my ad nga pla
    http://4x4ph.com/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=14&t=7085&

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Di ba mas malakas sa Diesel pag may TURBO ang engine ? or is it the other way around?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by av427
    FRONTIER 2001 for me, you cannot go wrong--meron ako nito.

I'm a bit surprised, I am not sure kung may existing Frontier owners na nag-reply sa thread na to, sana may owners ng Frontier na magbigay ng comments nila because I am an actual Frontier owner.

We have a 2001 Nissan Frontier 2.7 Elite right now and it is actually VERY fuel efficient, mas matipid pa nga sha sa tingin ko kesa sa Honda Jazz namin--sa totoo lang.

It's diesel and I get about 12-13 KM/L mileage on it city driving so tipid sha sobra. Ang normal na pa-gas ko is 300 pesos Alabang to Tomas Morato QC then gimik pa ko ng Ortigas after then balik ulit sa Alabang, may 1/4 gas pa natira enough para maka-isang balik pa ko ng QC saka ako magpapa-refuel. Kakagulat kse naka large mags pa yung Frontier namin (pang 4x4), so imagine na lang kung all stock pa yun-

We have had it for 5 years and NEVER pa to nagkarproblema to think na everyday pa sha ginagamit. Ang maintenance nya is change oil lang lagi every 5000KM, never pa nasira or nagkasakit. This is the 2001 model pero ewan ko yung later models kse etong 2001 model nanalo talaga ng Best Pick Up, ewan ko yung later models. Well-deserved naman yung award na yun considering how reliable our Frontier 2001 is. Imagine, aircon, engine and everything--all stock and never pa nagkaproblem after 100,000KM?

Regarding price, we bought this Brand New at around Php690,000 back in 2001. The existing price for 2nd hand is 450 THOU to 530 THOU sa buyandsell and sa mga dealers mas mahal, mga 550-600 THOU pa minsan so you can just imagine na resale value is actually high. I believe Frontier lang and Patrol ang mga Nissan na matataas ang resale value. Mataas naman ang price ng Nissan Frontier na brand new, nasa 850 thou-950 thou na ata ngayon ang bago, ewan ko kung may difference sa engine pero if meron man--I would prefer ours dahil subok na matibay at matatag ang overall package ng 2001 model namin.

FRONTIER 2001 for me-- I have one and I love it even more ngayon because it has proven so much in terms of performance and reliability.
    bro I think yung 4x4 na 3.2 model yung sinasabi na malakas sa gas. Yung 450t to 530t na price range for a 2001 model is for the 4x4 model also yata. I just recently looked at a 2001 3.2 4x4 model kulay black 420t tapos meron din akong tiningnan green 2001 3.2 4x4 din 460t naman.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jai
    bro I think yung 4x4 na 3.2 model yung sinasabi na malakas sa gas. Yung 450t to 530t na price range for a 2001 model is for the 4x4 model also yata. I just recently looked at a 2001 3.2 4x4 model kulay black 420t tapos meron din akong tiningnan green 2001 3.2 4x4 din 460t naman.
    Mura kaysa yun nakita ko 2001 3.2 4x4 with snorkel, saan location ng mga units?

baket pala walang sumisingit na RANGER?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee
    Johnart, I have to choose between a 2000 3.2 Frontier 4x4 at 500T and a 2001 Strada 4x4 at 550T, malaki ang price difference ng dalawa but the strada is lot bigger than the Frontier. Kung parehas ang price I would surely get the strada but it's NOT.

Matic ang Frontier, strada is Manual. Mas alaga ang Frontier sa itsura kaysa Strada...

What would be your pick? I'm still searching for other pick up pa nga.

My pick is still the strada iba yung tipid ng 2.5 vs the 3.2 engine. Yung turbo does not use more diesel it uses the exhaust to generate the extra power. In short it maximize the engine's potential. Yung lang nga if you have a turbo you need to idle the engine to cool down the turbo and religiously change the oil. Because if the turbo is hot and you shut off the engine immediately the bearings may seize and with the oil if you neglect to change it often the turbo may break because of lack of lubrication.

I own a strada 2002 model its now at 23k km at around march this year I was able to get a top speed of 160kph driving at star tollway so engine power is just right. And before I was able to load sacks of gravel which cause my rear bed to fall reaching 6 inches to the ground. Drove it to tagaytay at a speed of 100kph. Couldn't drive faster becasue it may be unsafe to stop and turn with a heavy load.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jai

Bro, ang alam ko yung 4x4 na Frontier is ranging between 500-580 thou, pa IM naman kung san yan nakalista, ang mura sobra ng benta nila, good buy yan

Original Price nyang 4x4 is around 780 thou nung 2001, di ko lang sure kung malakas nga lang sa gas yung 4x4 version, although mukha nga based from yung ibang nakadrive na nung 4x4 pero shempre expected na din yun.

My brother and I both own a Frontier na 2001 4x2, sabay pa kami bumili halos months lang pagitan Kakabenta lang nung kanya sa 425 thou, wala pang 2 weeks ago, mataas na din kse ang mileage more than 100k na ang tinatakbo. Gusto nyang car pampamilya na talaga. Wala pa shang natitipuhan ipalit. Gusto nya yung Rav 4 saka CRV before pero back out sha nung nalaman nya na malakas din pala sa gas. Naghihintay pa rin sha ngayon sa market ng malaki pero matipid. Sobrang tipid kasi talaga yung 4x2 na Frontier, pati nga ako ngayon sobrang nagugulat kse dati nung 2001-2004 di ba wala namang ganong issue sa gasolina pero ngayon shempre iba na, presyong ginto na. Na-compare ko din sha dun sa Jazz idsi namin eh mas matipid pa din yung Frontier pick up kaya madalas talaga yun pa din ginagamit ko miski bago yung Jazz. Lalo na ako, taga Alabang pa ko kaya layo talaga ng biyahe ko everyday.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by johnart
    In short it maximize the engine's potential. Yung lang nga if you have a turbo you need to idle the engine to cool down the turbo and religiously change the oil. Because if the turbo is hot and you shut off the engine immediately the bearings may seize and with the oil if you neglect to change it often the turbo may break because of lack of lubrication.
    Kaya pala kailanga ng TURBO TIMER, tama ba?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee
    Kaya pala kailanga ng TURBO TIMER, tama ba?

correct or just idle the car before shut down like it you travel in the city 1 to 2 mins but if you travel over 100kph around 5 mins cooling down just to make sure. Mahal kasi ang isang bagong turbo charger

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
2001 strada or 2001 frontier