New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    the 01 benz is full of headaches ... baka magsisi ka pag ito pa binili mo .. true it is a benz and a very good form of luxury pero if masiraan ka sakit sobra sa ulo .. i have a few friends who has this model and nagsisi sila coz of the problems they encountered with it ... just get the 3.5 camry and be satisfied with the japanese reliability and quality and besides, itll eat the benz for dinner hehehe with 277 hp on tap tsaka maganda naman rin camry e you cant go wrong in the long term

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hehe, tough call, pero kung may iba ka pang tsikot at hindi naman ito ang daily drive/pangharabas mo, ok na yung Benz. Kung dito ka aasa, dun tayo sa brand new.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You must have some semblance of mechanical skills with the Benz. I guess it's one of the price you have to pay. Which is perfectly all right here. The last time I went looking for my dad, he was inside the trunk of the '56 hacking stuff up. hehehe.

I don't think you'd need to hack stuff up on an '01 but you at least need to have basic a understanding of automobiles. Having everything diagnosed and fixed at the dealer will get expensive fast. And considering the age of the car, don't expect it to be perfect.

Getting a car from an owner who has 'given up' can prove to be a great bargain. Most of their problems border on trivial anyways. Pero alam mo naman ang mga mayayaman na walang hilig sa sasakyan. Walang pasensya, palit agad. hehehe.

Sometimes if feels like taking care of a Land Rover. Only difference is parts are actually available and reasonable priced.
    Last edited by OTEP; September 15th, 2006 at 01:25 AM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    id get the benz... for the same price as the camry (1.99m) .. you could get an 01-2002 E240 Avantgarde model with low to mid mileage. (w210 body = not the current body) but still ***y as hell. sobrang ganda talaga ng 210. up to now napapalingon pa rin ako kahit e230 or e200 lang. it really shows class and prestige. i miss our beat up 96 e230

and yes... the majority of the depreciation nangyari na so hindi na sobrang baba pa yun price ng e240 after maybe 2-3 yrs benta mo na lang.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Why not an E39 525i?

Buysit daw yang W210 MB. Plus, IMHO, it's fugly.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Post-124 E-Classes began to deteriorate in dependability, and they're always bettered by their 5-Series counterparts.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i agree with Otep. if you're more of a hands-on kind of a car guy, go with the '01 model. although, in general, euros age more gracefully than their jap counterparts, this aging process, requires some TLC. not to say the jap aging process doesn't require TLC, but then perhaps at that point, for more owners, letting go of it and buying another ride might have been the option taken.

now, if you're not into putting that much elbow grease at this point in time, take the camry.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Don't get the w210 body.Tons of problem i should now coz i have one,lol.What to look for on w210 body?Maf sensor goes south,Check for body rust,bubbles.Tranny problem is common on w210 body especially with 722.4 trans(lifetime fluid my a$$).Bas/asr problem.Blower regulator is common problem,Rear window regulator goes kaboom.AC condensor sensor problem.

If you don't want headache and you're not mechanically inclined stay away from w210.Go get a 5 series.
    note:W124 is the best car built by mb.
    Last edited by ronald_m; September 15th, 2006 at 09:50 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tandaan nyo nalang, 9/10 times, unless the owner has tons of cars, people don't sell cars if there aren't anything bugging them that they can't resolve hehe.

Honestly, while MB/BMW guys may hate me for saying this, Euro cars are NOT easy to maintain, kahit sabihin mo "madaming pyesa" it's still not easily available and you still have to choose shops that can do repairs.

They're clearly for those who can afford the hassle of owning one.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    hindi ba nagdeteriote na ang quality ng Benz ngayun? it would just be a headache kung makakuha ka ng lemon unit. besides Toyota has some reputation na rin. and dependability and reliability always come as standard.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2001 E240 Avantgarde or 07 Camry