New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    i'd go for 1.6L engines than 1.5L.....not to mention, later models.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    You're still lucky you got your money back. Yung iba kasi hindi ganon kabait, as in take it or leave it. Yan ang hirap sa earnest money eh. Next time, before you pay earnest money, tell the seller not to use the car anymore. Of course, you will also have to record the latest mileage for this.

Anyway, since you haven't bought your car, let me give you my own input. The downsides of a 2001 GLi automatic are a bit sluggish 1st gear performance, tight back space and a design that looks older than the 93-97 model. This Corolla carries the same engine and many chassis components of the previous model, but the body is a bit heavier. Toyota turned this model into more for older people, compared to the young-gun demeanor of its predecessor.

The Civic LXi automatic is also quite anemic, at least compared to the VTi of the same transmission. I've driven both cars, and I could feel the performance difference, and the LXi was even in slightly better condition that time. Believe me, it's more than what a 0.1-liter displacement increase says.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
2001 Corolla Gli or 2000 Civic LXi?