New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Nagstop ako maghanap bro eh and ngayon lang ulit ako nagresume sa paghahanap ng kotse.

Which Accord are you referring to? Currently the 6th gen is on top of the list since pinakamura.

The Camry was also in my shortlist top 10 but ultimately di ko type yung daddy car vibe niya and medyo mahal siya..

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    yes,the 6th gen accord some has leather seats
    yung ayaw ko lang walang headrest sa rear seats
    kung pasok sa budget mo 7th gen then why not
    how about the 2008 mazda 6 you love it I think because it's
    sporty and it dosen't look like a executive car
    How about considering
    a Volvo and BMW and Audi
    if your budget is around 300k
    Last edited by crosswind; September 26th, 2014 at 07:12 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mda_ View Post
    Toyota Corona Exsior. if it wasn't so old. not very quick but i think it's just a classic.
    I agree that the Corona Exsior is an interesting car especially if it looks EUDM. However, it's slow (needs an engine change to a 3S-GE beams) and is pretty old already.

Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    yes,the 6th gen accord some has leather seats
    yung ayaw ko lang walang headrest sa rear seats
    kung pasok sa budget mo 7th gen then why not
    how about the 2008 mazda 6 you love it I think because it's
    sporty and it dosen't look like a executive car
    How about considering
    a Volvo and BMW and Audi
    if your budget is around 300k
    Yup the 6th gen is what I'm looking at right now. The 7th gen, not so much because it's the same engine output on a body that's 150 kg heavier so I understand why others will find it sluggish for a midsizer. My friend has both a 2.0 VTi-L 7th gen and a 2.4 V Camry and the Camry is noticeably faster from a standstill and even with a slow transmission it's still more responsive overall because of the greater torque and lighter body.

The 2008 Mazda 6 looks ugly to me compared to the '05-'07 one. Only the facelift (released 2010) looks good, but that's still expensive. And IMO the facelifted gen 1 Mazda 6 still looks more timeless.

Not interested in Euro cars because the price equivalent of a midsizer would be an older, slower, and less reliable euro car. It's hard enough to maintain an old Jap car, it gets exponentially difficult and expensive if it's an old Euro. Only old Euro I would consider is an E39 5-series because it's such a classic, but I'm not at that financial level in my life yet that I can afford to maintain a money pit just because it's beautiful.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hi Archie, I use a 2000 150 hp CR-V as occasionally, albeit automatic. Doesn't really feel fast to me, but above adequate. Responsive transmission and 60-100 kph is pretty decent, but from a standstill or from 120 kph onwards, doesn't have a lot of punch. Must be the long gearing of the AT? The R18 Civic is more rev happy (no torque) but I don't mind revving as long as it gets up to speed quickly.

Haven't tried the 2.0 Accord yet, but from your experience, a 2.0 F20 manual Accord is slower than a B20 manual CR-V? I understand that the B20 is inherently torquier than the F20 but the CR-V is also heavier by almost 100 kilos.

Also, your thoughts on the 2.3 F23? Almost same price in OLX. I know it's torquier, but how far is the performance vs the 2.0 if both are MT? I only get 6 km/L with our 2.0 CR-V AT and if the 2.3 is much thirstier than the 2.0 without much difference in performance, I might opt for the 2.0. But if performance is noticeably better without too much of a hit in FC (say, 0.5 km/L only), then I'll look more towards the 2.3.

One problem we've had with the CR-V is the AWD mechanism which has been creaking from the rear lately when making hard turns. If this is a frequent problem for most CR-Vs, I might have to disable the AWD.

The bike storage isn't a very important feature since I usually pedal all the way so I rarely load the bike in the car, and whether I put it in a CR-V or a midsizer, I still have to take out the front wheel to load it (though it's easier to load with a CR-V through the rear hatch as opposed to doors on a sedan).

Sorry for the flurry of questions, I know kasi you're pretty well-versed on Honda engines and your inputs are highly appreciated. Thanks bro

I have the a/t crv 2000 model. I know it can't match a car on performance but when I was looking into it, I really wanted something higher and with a lot more space than a car could give. I was looking for the best stock performance of its size. Rav 4 xtrail and crv were my choices.

The reason is crv is much easier to play around with. Parts are dirt cheap, more torque than its counterpart of Rav but the xtrail is more powerful but a demon on gas consumption. And lastly, it look more decent for me. Well iba iba naman tayo pag dating sa looks.

I have driven a accord 2.0 and I must say I'm not impressed. It's built for comfort and no torque at all pero may dulo. Hirap sa torque yung oto kahit compare sa crv m/t. Sa highway talo crv sa accord.

F23, never had the chance to drive one.

If your still running a awd, take it off. Promise mas masigla yung oto, torquey.

Hth

Edit: about the r18 civic, I'll say don't get it. Medyo may issues yung car. Tensioner bilis maloose thread, a/c magnetic switch etc. And it's not cheap to get fixed. No offense to fd users...
    Last edited by [archie]; September 26th, 2014 at 08:08 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    I have the a/t crv 2000 model. I know it can't match a car on performance but when I was looking into it, I really wanted something higher and with a lot more space than a car could give. I was looking for the best stock performance of its size. Rav 4 xtrail and crv were my choices.

The reason is crv is much easier to play around with. Parts are dirt cheap, more torque than its counterpart of Rav but the xtrail is more powerful but a demon on gas consumption. And lastly, it look more decent for me. Well iba iba naman tayo pag dating sa looks.

I have driven a accord 2.0 and I must say I'm not impressed. It's built for comfort and no torque at all pero may dulo. Hirap sa torque yung oto kahit compare sa crv m/t. Sa highway talo crv sa accord.

If your still running a awd, take it off. Promise mas masigla yung oto, torquey.

Hth

Edit: about the r18 civic, I'll say don't get it. Medyo may issues yung car. Tensioner bilis maloose thread, a/c magnetic switch etc. And it's not cheap to get fixed. No offense to fd users...
    I also have a 2000 honda cr-v but its a manual
    i dont know if its faster than the A/T because for me
    it's already responsive only minor repairs have been fixed
    tyres lasted for 12 yrs.
    the aircon is very reliable it only had problems on it's 12th yr.
    4WD is also very helpful specially on standstill and on a 45 degrees parking on Antipolo
    and it climbed up without a sweat beatin the L300 already making a burnout
    FC is 6-7km/l on city driving my Galant V6 has better FC at 8km/l
    * archie have you already replaced the under components at the chasis
    like bushing and shock etc. that cost 44k
    Last edited by crosswind; September 26th, 2014 at 10:14 PM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006

Hth

I agree spot on with your arguments for the CR-V, it's really very spacious and versatile, with the benefit of high ground clearance for poor roads and occasional floods.

Was the Accord 2.0 you tried an MT or AT? I don't particularly like any AT from the 90s because they rob so much power from the engine.

Not too keen on the FD either - it just doesn't feel special so it's not worth the price.

Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    The reason is crv is much easier to play around with. Parts are dirt cheap, more torque than its counterpart of Rav but the xtrail is more powerful but a demon on gas consumption.
    TS, have you considered the Xtrail? Powerful engine specially the 2.5L variant. But with old school 4AT, fuel consumption suffers a lot. Still very spritely and springy from stop. My 2.0 4x2 consumes 6.5-7.5km/L average. Yun nga lang very basic ang interior.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by leodawesome View Post
    TS, have you considered the Xtrail? Powerful engine specially the 2.5L variant. But with old school 4AT, fuel consumption suffers a lot. Still very spritely and springy from stop. My 2.0 4x2 consumes 6.5-7.5km/L average. Yun nga lang very basic ang interior.
    Powerful engine but it's a heavy chassis so it's not exactly faster than a similar 2-liter midsizer but it consumes more gas. Also, price range for the X-Trail is too near the Mazda 6 and I'd take the Mz6 in a heartbeat. Mahal masyado ng X-Trail and RAV-4 eh. Handling also isn't very nice and I hate center-mounted gauges.

Great car but not really swak for my needs and wants..

Last edited by jut703; September 26th, 2014 at 10:35 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Was the Accord 2.0 you tried an MT or AT? I don't particularly like any AT from the 90s because they rob so much power from the engine
    It was a m/t. Even if you punch the gas pedal it just won't go. Hehe.

A/t is much worse, but it's OK after the first gear.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    It was a m/t. Even if you punch the gas pedal it just won't go. Hehe.

A/t is much worse, but it's OK after the first gear.
    Nako bro so mukhang mas mabilis pa ang CR-V MT kaysa sa Accord 2.0 MT kahit mas magaan yung Accord because of the B20 vs F20 and the latter's lack of torque.

Focus nalang siguro ako sa 2.3 na Accord. No point getting a 2.0 kung hindi mabilis hehe.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah pero sa duluhan talo crv.

I'm still a believer of dohc over sohc engines.

Good luck bro, sa tingin ko naman the 2.3 version has some umph.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Which 2-liter Car to Buy?