New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    meron pa bang previa? anyway, alphard for me hands down.
    Meron pa ako nakikita mangilanngilan na mga bago na wala pang plate, baka available siguro as indent order.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Di sulit ang Alphard 2.4 dahil di kasali sa JPEPA tax exemption program. Less than 100k lang ang price difference sa 3.5V6. And then I believe they may actually be able to price it even lower if not for the presence of the expensive 2.4L variant. If it really consumes at 5-6km/L, hindi rin naglalayo diyan ang 3.5L. The 2.4 is gonna be both underpowered and thirsty. At least with the V6, you get excellent performance even if its thirsty.

If you're concerned about FC, maybe you'd like to check out the Carnival, preferably from the grey market, if you want something comfortable and with loads of space. KDM models have pretty much all the bells and whistles found in the Previa along with the 2.2 R e-VGT engine, 6 speed transmission and a 4th row.
    Last edited by GTi; July 7th, 2013 at 11:35 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesto View Post
    We have narrowed down the choices to the two(Others will not be considered).
    If 2.4L, i personally like the sleek design of the Previa versus the Alphard. However, the Alphard has better space utilization AFAIK so in the end, this might win the purchase decision. The Previa is mostly by indent order when i inquired about a year ago so you have to wait and cough out the advance payment.

Power-wise, the 2.4L will get the job done (we used to take a 2003 Previa 2.4L up to Baguio, with a Thule roof box and all). Unless you drive the car often with a heavy load and really desire the speed (especially when you're passing), the 2.4L is fine for most of your driving needs. If you can afford the 3.5L, the go for it. :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Meron pa ako nakikita mangilanngilan na mga bago na wala pang plate, baka available siguro as indent order.
    ah okay sir, i thought they stop producing previa na.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Eto is dahil lang sa wants...

Kung meron din ang Alphard na remote door open (Open Sesame) like the Previa then go Alphard... Else sa Previa na

I hope na consider mo na iba pero want lang yan kasi masarap paglaruan yung remote para sa door wag lang sosobra ma ma discharge mo ng todo yung battery hehe

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post
    Eto is dahil lang sa wants...

Kung meron din ang Alphard na remote door open (Open Sesame) like the Previa then go Alphard... Else sa Previa na

I hope na consider mo na iba pero want lang yan kasi masarap paglaruan yung remote para sa door wag lang sosobra ma ma discharge mo ng todo yung battery hehe
    AFAIK, merong auto door ang alphard.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May 2.4L Alphard pa ba? With the price difference, might not be enough ready stock.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Bought a V6 Alphard couple of months back and no issues whatsoever. If you want a luxury MPV, then this is the choice. Because of the weight of the Alphard, I guess the 2.4l will struggle. Main difference between the 2.4 and the V6 are: 6 speed AT vs 4 speed AT, DVD/GPS for the V6 while a 6 disc changer for the 2.4. Otherwise everything is the same. As with the small price difference of about 150k go for the V6. As for the Alphard vs the Previa. No doubt, the Alphard is a better luxury MPV, but the price difference between the Alpahrd V6 and the Previa is almost 700k. Both are good MPV's, but if money is not a consideration get the Alphard, but if you cannot justify the 700k price difference then the Previa is a good alternative.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rafmac View Post
    Bought a V6 Alphard couple of months back and no issues whatsoever. If you want a luxury MPV, then this is the choice. Because of the weight of the Alphard, I guess the 2.4l will struggle. Main difference between the 2.4 and the V6 are: 6 speed AT vs 4 speed AT, DVD/GPS for the V6 while a 6 disc changer for the 2.4. Otherwise everything is the same. As with the small price difference of about 150k go for the V6. As for the Alphard vs the Previa. No doubt, the Alphard is a better luxury MPV, but the price difference between the Alpahrd V6 and the Previa is almost 700k. Both are good MPV's, but if money is not a consideration get the Alphard, but if you cannot justify the 700k price difference then the Previa is a good alternative.
    Thank you. How is the FC of the V6?

Thanks guys. Will think of the V6. Medyo malaki kasi price difference with the Previa. 1 car na rin

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesto View Post
    Thank you. How is the FC of the V6?

Thanks guys. Will think of the V6. Medyo malaki kasi price difference with the Previa. 1 car na rin
    FC is at about 5 and if lucky 6 (city) these are mixed light to heavy traffic, but if you use it mostly on weekdays + rush hour expect it to go lower. Best I had was at 9 highway. At this pricepoint FC shouldnt really be an issue if you are able to buy a 3.1M car then you should be able to afford filling it up.

The Previa would be a good alternative at 700k cheaper than the V6. Sits 7 comfortably but is smaller compared to the Alphard. When I checked a couple of months back parang per order basis lang so expect to pay a higher deposit and longer wait times. But I dont know if they chaned na

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast