New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Cr-v!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my brother has the 1999 Gen 1 CRV and I have the 1998 5dr Gen 1 RAV. Both are M/T.

Mas matipid ng konti ang RAV ko (6.5km/li) sa CRV niya(5.5km/li).
    My RAV has better acceleration than his CRV pero sa rekta, iwan na iwan ang RAV ko.
    The CRV has better looking interiors and is roomier.
    Exterior is just about even.
    Both cars wala naman sakit ng ulo sa amin.
    Aircon ng RAV ko is a lot colder than my bro's CRV.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    test drive...

imho mas stiffer (not harsh) ang ride ng toyota vs the honda which is to my liking...parang mas stable...lalo na yung steering ayoko kasi ng super lambot...

as for the CRV get the 99 above jai...its a lot better...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackMagic
    my brother has the 1999 Gen 1 CRV and I have the 1998 5dr Gen 1 RAV. Both are M/T.

Mas matipid ng konti ang RAV ko (6.5km/li) sa CRV niya(5.5km/li).
    My RAV has better acceleration than his CRV pero sa rekta, iwan na iwan ang RAV ko.
    The CRV has better looking interiors and is roomier.
    Exterior is just about even.
    Both cars wala naman sakit ng ulo sa amin.
    Aircon ng RAV ko is a lot colder than my bro's CRV.
    yeah I read this somewhere in the internet. The Rav 4 already revs to 3,500 rpm at 120 kph.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy
    test drive...

imho mas stiffer (not harsh) ang ride ng toyota vs the honda which is to my liking...parang mas stable...lalo na yung steering ayoko kasi ng super lambot...

as for the CRV get the 99 above jai...its a lot better...
    yup have test drove a couple of both units already. oo sa totoo lang kung may budget lang I would get the B20Z equipped CRV but 400 to 450 lang budget ko eh, if I want that model I would have to wait cguro by mga next year pa para bumaba pa price nun and to save a bit more.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    CRV ako...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jai
    Are you happy with the Rav 4? if I had the choice I would probably get the Rav4.2 but unfortunately its price is a bit higher than the CRV 1st gen. I kinda like the Rav 4.1 better than the 1st gen CRV in terms of looks. Although the CRV has a much more luxurious dash interior compared to the Rav4.1's basic straight forward dash interior. People also say that the Rav 4 is a bit fuel efficient than the CRV. Is this true?
    sir ayus naman yung Rav4.2 na 4x2. 1.8L lng makina nya. in terms of fuel efficiency, can't really compare since I haven't owned a CRV. but I'd say that gas consumption is almost the same as the pizza lancer that I used to drive.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by squatt3r
    sir ayus naman yung Rav4.2 na 4x2. 1.8L lng makina nya. in terms of fuel efficiency, can't really compare since I haven't owned a CRV. but I'd say that gas consumption is almost the same as the pizza lancer that I used to drive.
    kung kaya lang ng budget sir sana, type ko rin yan. actually rav 4.2 talaga gusto ko kung my budget lang. wala ka pa naman problems dyan? I read kasi on the rav 4 thread na meron daw ibang units na my problem yung brake rotors, mabilis daw ma pudpud. Something to do with the brake pads daw na medyo matigas.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    consider also the maintenance... kung saan ka mas makakatipid

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    nabrowse ko din lahat ng threads from tsikot and autoindustriya about rav4. lahat ng mga yun tinignan ko dun sa unit bago binili. so far ok naman sya.

muntik na nga ako makabili ng 99 CRV (around 400k lng) kaso napansin ko may tagas ung makina. sabi nung mekaniko di ran basta basta maita-top overhaul yun honda diretso casa daw.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
1st Gen Rav 4 vs 1st Gen CRV