New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Got confused mga sir, eto pala yung nakita ko na pic with Track R and JDM bomb:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    That's not Rota Track-R. Ano yan, Grid 2 na 17".

IMO get a stock B13. Kahit siguro LEC. In good condition syempre, then do the swap yourself. Medj hassle pero mas sigurado ka.
    A B14 is a better option for a more powerful engine. Stiffer body with the limited front suspension travel problem solved.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Wheres the sentra located?

You can ask for some sentra poeple especially that are expert with the sr20 engine to go with you. AFAIK the VE engines at WOT would give out 2 pulls. Its like the B16 of honda but for the sr20ve twice siya.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Not really sure about its valve timing technology but it's NEO-VVL in a 2.0 engine so it should be more powerful than its smaller brother SR16VE.

But considering it wasn't used locally, I can see why GH says the SR20DE is a better option - parts availability.

The seller is really pushing for the deal despite my car's various issues. Makes me think I'll be in big trouble soon if something rare breaks down on me.

For those interested for a steal deal, type "ricoboi" in Sulit and take the B13 ad. It is located in Lipa City.
    Last edited by isa1023; July 20th, 2012 at 01:12 AM.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yan definitely track r talaga.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    OK lang sayo na mas luma at mas masikip yung B13 sa ESi mo? At medyo nakakatakot din. SR20VE sa napakaliit at napakagaan na B13. Ano kaya pakiramdam kapag humahataw?

Personally, I'd get a B14 with that engine. Meron naman eh. Tingnan mo Sulit ID 3712075. SR20VE Neo VVL din with P11 LSD tranny. O kaya Sulit ID 5287633, B14 with SR20DE naman.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    OK lang sayo na mas luma at mas masikip yung B13 sa ESi mo? At medyo nakakatakot din. SR20VE sa napakaliit at napakagaan na B13. Ano kaya pakiramdam kapag humahataw?
    With a properly set up Sentra, it's quite stable. Even more stable then the Corollas of it's age if you ask me.

Anyway, with any SR20 swap, i'd go with the advice to look into the wirings. In a lot of cases the engines don't perform to their full potential because of haphazard wiring. This can be fixed but you'll need time and patience to go over the wirings.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    Not really sure about its valve timing technology but it's NEO-VVL in a 2.0 engine so it should be more powerful than its smaller brother SR16VE.

But considering it wasn't used locally, I can see why GH says the SR20DE is a better option - parts availability.

The seller is really pushing for the deal despite my car's various issues. Makes me think I'll be in big trouble soon if something rare breaks down on me.

For those interested for a steal deal, type "ricoboi" in Sulit and take the B13 ad. It is located in Lipa City.

Something will always break. Consider it's a used engine in that car with unknown history.

Then if you consider to bring it to the race track, you can't push it hard because of fear of breaking something in the SR20VE that is harder to find than hen's teeth.

Even my SR20DE had a few issues that took quite a while to fix due to the number of difference SR20DE variants.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post

Personally, I'd get a B14 with that engine. Meron naman eh. Tingnan mo Sulit ID 3712075. SR20VE Neo VVL din with P11 LSD tranny. O kaya Sulit ID 5287633, B14 with SR20DE naman.

If you have enough traction, it's like Darth Vader pushing you into your driver's seat using the "force". Heck, it's the same with a B14 with tuned SR20DE.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ^Haha~ 187hp pa naman yan, in a sub 1000kg car. I remember my uncle mentioning about the SiR he used to take on drag races. Its significantly larger than the B13 and has lesser power than the SR20VE. And yet it would feel as if the car would lift off the ground anytime at speeds in excess of 200km/h, as if the slightest error with the steering wheel would send it flying off. He'd said it was fast but highly unstable in high speeds due to lightness.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast