New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Atras na ko sa offer niya sa B13, but he has an Accord for takes din and I think he persistently wants my car, despite the numerous issues which I honestly pointed out to him in detail.

It surfaced out that the VE engine, installed just four months ago, has no papers yet and needs to be sorted out for the next registration in January.

Four months pa lang after the transplant and the car is for takes na kagad that rush must be some deal breaker and future headache. Either that or it really gulps gasoline big time (although this is expected), although the seller attested to the fuel economy of the car after the swap.

Anyway, baka magkita pa din kami bukas and depending on the deal, I might go home with the Accord instead.

Thank you sa insights mga sir.

Honestly, I don't have enough funds to fix a breaking SR20VE (which sounds horror when axles have issues on GH and Niky's previous Sentras, considering those are SR20DEs which supposedly have more parts available here) and the sufficient knowledge and know-how with such JDM Nissan engines.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Lakas din sa gas yan eh. Haha.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    Honestly, I don't have enough funds to fix a breaking SR20VE (which sounds horror when axles have issues on GH and Niky's previous Sentras, considering those are SR20DEs which supposedly have more parts available here) and the sufficient knowledge and know-how with such JDM Nissan engines.
    Actually my B14 SR20DE had a good swap with proper axels... so no issues/nightmares on that part... just that the tranny I had was a 5MT and not a 6MT with limited slip diff. Even then, it was lots of fun until I sold the car.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    OK yang Accord na yan. Fast car, with the stability and comfort to go with it too. Did he mod this one as well? A stock non-VTEC EXi would definitely be slower than the SR20 Sentra, and it is well known for being a heavy drinker, especially with a matic transmission.

An M/T Accord though would be nice. I remember that we took a '95 Accord EXi M/T to Baguio a couple of times in the ate 90s. Very fast car. Got us from Baguio to Manila on midnight departure in two hours, and there was no SCTEX yet then.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    OK lang sayo na mas luma at mas masikip yung B13 sa ESi mo? At medyo nakakatakot din. SR20VE sa napakaliit at napakagaan na B13. Ano kaya pakiramdam kapag humahataw?

Personally, I'd get a B14 with that engine. Meron naman eh. Tingnan mo Sulit ID 3712075. SR20VE Neo VVL din with P11 LSD tranny. O kaya Sulit ID 5287633, B14 with SR20DE naman.
    Sorry for the revive but I feel I just have to answer this. There are A LOT as in A LOT of B13s w/ NeoV already and yes like you say it is light weight but it's ok as long as the driver is not suicidal or something. Does a tiny starlet w/ 4e turbo ring a bell? ;) In the U.S it is a popular swap nowadays on their B13 Se-Rs, w/c is even lighter than our local four door!! Some even do a SR20VET hybrid/ Frankenstein swap!! Yes you read that right. As a matter of fact I have experienced driving a VET hybrid on a paper light ECCS. hehe. All fun.

As for the technical stuff, P11 axle is a bolt on to the B13... Se-R engine mounts also are used in this transplant to avoid additional welding for the mounts. I sense the B13 and accord owner is going to do a project or has a buyer of the Esi (high price) that's why he wants the OPs car. Oh as for the space having used my sis car before, I'd say it's not that huge of a space difference between the the esi and eccs. B14 and vti though is bigger.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123