New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    My ESi:
    *Same specs and issues, see:
    http://tsikot.com/forums/car-compari...ird-u12-88615/

*B13 owner saw my post on the U12 ad and offered me for a straight swap deal with this:
    http://www.**************/index.php/...a+Super+Saloon

My dream engine:

http://cdn.sulitstatic.com/images/20...a02ec60556.jpg

Good deal?

How much add ko if ever?

The owner is keen to let go of the car asap, and I'm not afraid there might be some issues.

But what something major should I expect from an SR20VE in a B13?

I remember GH and Niky told me about axle fitment issues of SR20DEs in B14s before.

Is this a similar case?

Need to decide soon.

Thanks po.

Last edited by isa1023; July 19th, 2012 at 08:50 AM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Axle issues will depend on the transmission source. If I recall right, the 20VE is a Primera motor, and that car is wider than the Sentra.

How much is he asking?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganda pa nung B13 ah..... naka 17s ba yung mags?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Check the wirings, check if the variable intake and exhuast are in proper working order. Its better to log in also to any sentra forum( preferably local ones) to look for an expert shop for them to check the installation both mechanical and electrical( as well as the electronics) are done properly.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Axle issues will depend on the transmission source. If I recall right, the 20VE is a Primera motor, and that car is wider than the Sentra.

How much is he asking?
    Straight swap sir, but I'm quite hesitant kasi madami talaga issues yung ESi ko dahil sa kaluman. Think 410,+++ km on the odo says all. Although I enumerated them to him, ang worry ko is baka after ng swap eh balikan niya ko bakit ganito, bakit ganun yung ESi ko.

As per the ad (re axle and transmission):
    SR20ve NEO VVL engine
    SR18 Non LSD Manual Tranny
    P11 Axle

ganda pa nung B13 ah..... naka 17s ba yung mags?
    16s Rota Track R yata sir.

Check the wirings, check if the variable intake and exhuast are in proper working order. Its better to log in also to any sentra forum( preferably local ones) to look for an expert shop for them to check the installation both mechanical and electrical( as well as the electronics) are done properly.
    Subukan ko man aralin sir siguro pag nakita ko na hindi ko rin malalaman.

Minamadali ni seller eh, napapaisip tuloy ako bakit ganung ka-rush tsaka maraming ESi na mas malinis at pormado na for swap din.

Anyway mga sir, thanks for the insights.
    Last edited by isa1023; July 19th, 2012 at 04:57 PM. Reason: add info

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    ganda pa nga... ganda ng tindig and mulhang fresh pa...

mukhang grid 1570 o racing yung rim nya sir... not sure... but definitely not track r...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Eclectic build. I approve of his choices. Though I'm not sure, I believe the SR18 has shorter intermediate gears, which should be great for performance. P11 axles should be a good fit... the P11 is a Primera, but an older one. That model is Sentra-sized and Sentra-width, so there should be little issue with them. I'd wish for an LSD, but if you're not dragging the car or tracking it, little need.

Best thing to do would be to test drive to check mechanical condition... but for a straight swap, even if that thing has issues and even if it turns out it drinks gas like a mofo, that's a sweet swap.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Nice. Thanks sir Niky.

I'm sure you'd know if I told the axle-transmission specs.

I'll meet up with him soon.

I'm really not expecting good FC from something like that, but it's okay I'm used to 4 to 5 km/liter from my previous carb-fed Mazda.

Not going to drag and track either.

Just wanted an SR engine since then, because the red valve cover looks really cool.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd still rather go for a SR20DE than the SR20VE....

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    That's not Rota Track-R. Ano yan, Grid 2 na 17".

IMO get a stock B13. Kahit siguro LEC. In good condition syempre, then do the swap yourself. Medj hassle pero mas sigurado ka.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast