New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    additional factor pala mga sir... yung car is kaya nya ang 5 adults maiupo comfortably + dapat ok sya at reliable for long trips kahit papano (lets say QC to pangasinan?) from time to time. Thanks again.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    it depends on the condition of car you'll be getting. meron diyan ganda pa ng body pero makina bulok at sira sira yun ang magbibigay ng sakit ng ulo sa especially long trips.

mas advisable ang efi since e10 is now are market's product. pero not all efi's are e10 compatible.

go for the corolla gli.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Corolla GLi pa din. Yung lancer iscrape mo na yung from your list, trust me pangit talaga suspension nun.

5 adults ba kamo ? Kasya siya sa EG Civic pero mas kakasya siya sa AE101 Corolla. Yung Corolla ko nga, it fitted 7 people eh, syempre masikip ng unti pero kasya.

Reliable ? Kahit ano. Basta naalagaan mabuti maayos yan.

Eto mga guidelines na ginawa ko in buying a second hand vehicle. Mahaba pero, basahin mo nalang.

-

In buying a second hand vehicles, it is important to consider some facts first.

1. It is very hard to spot a flooded vehicle from the not-flooded ones. Especially if, this has been cleaned completely.
    The best thing to do ? Look at the place, ask some people there if that particular place has been flooded or not, if it is
    avoid the vehicle ASAP.

2. In buying a 2nd hand vehicle, it doesn't stop from paying the vehicle itself ... the spending of money goes on and on.
    And, in buying a 2nd hand vehicle, expect repairs.

3. A car, isn't an INVESTMENT. You don't really get money from it, unless you`re planning to keep it for several years
    until it becomes vintage already.

4. Stay cool in driving. You'll never know what you might encounter, so the very best thing to do to avoid road rage is
    keeping your head cool as possible. Take a cup of coffee if you want, or yet ... don't drive if you're experiencing personal
    problems.

-

Now, to see if the vehicle is in it's greatest condition ... you must do the following.

1. Check odometer readings. But don't just rely on this ... some, tampers this to lower the reading itself for them to fool
    buyers.

2. Before you bring a trusted mechanic with you, it's better if you check the basic parts of the vehicle first. The power
    features if it's working, dents on the body, scratches, squeeking sound if any. Those basic things wont really be
    needing a mechanic, a good ear and a good eye will do.

3. Check the engine if there are any problems. This will need you the mechanic. Let him check if there are any things
    that needs replacing ... list it down, count the cost then minus it from the total price of the vehicle.

4. Check also the brakes. Check if its forming rust etc. Especially in drum brakes.

5. Check also the other electrical stuffs. The radio, is it working ? The power antennas ( if available ) etc.

6. Aircon too, check it. Is it cool enough for the cabin or does it need cleaning already or freon additions.

7. Test drive. You need to push the car to 100kph. Here, you can see if there is any wiggling issues.
    Also do check the idling of the vehicle ? Too harsh or is it just normal ?

8. Check vehicle history. You can go to the LTO to check it.

9. Haggle the price down. The lower the better.

©Renzo_d10

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Civic Esi or Hatch back, for me. mas mura ang esi and for 5 pa sakay nun, di na din cguro ganun ka mahal parts nun since 15yrs old na. Pero kung toy lang hatchback is the way to go for me...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    thanks for the good advice renzo... pag natuloy pag bili ko ng corolla, hope you will be my adviser (you said you own one too).

* aejhay - do you have any ideas kung aling efi engines ang e10 compatible na?

one plus factor yata pag corolla is mura parts nya at readily available.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    question again... lahat ba ng GLI model e all power na at may airbags?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    yup.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    Civic Esi or Hatch back, for me. mas mura ang esi and for 5 pa sakay nun, di na din cguro ganun ka mahal parts nun since 15yrs old na. Pero kung toy lang hatchback is the way to go for me...
    the problem is mahal pa din ang hatchback and very rare ang fresh and unmodified.

Quote Originally Posted by markuz14 View Post
    thanks for the good advice renzo... pag natuloy pag bili ko ng corolla, hope you will be my adviser (you said you own one too).

* aejhay - do you have any ideas kung aling efi engines ang e10 compatible na?

one plus factor yata pag corolla is mura parts nya at readily available.
    afaik

honda 98-up
    toyota 2005-up

Quote Originally Posted by markuz14 View Post
    question again... lahat ba ng GLI model e all power na at may airbags?
    yup. eto ata yung highest varaiant kaya kumpleto. pero wala pa atang abs ang big body.

ipoint out ko na din na mas safe kung manual tranny ang kukunin kesa sa at dahil na din sa age ng options mu.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    honda civic eg hatch is sold at 170k up yata. Some reach the 200k+ mark. :dunno:

Dunno with e-10. I`ve been using it in my 2E engine for 2 months now and it's doing well.

Bro. Bili ka kahit 1993 XE Corolla. Then swap ka to Silvertop/Blacktop engine.

4AGE FTW !

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    * aejhay - sir, toyota 2005 up lng ang mga e10 compatibles? hindi ba ako mahirapan in the future kung sakali? karamihan e e10 na ang mga gas stations.

* renzo - sir, 2e engine is carburator? ; "swap ka to Silvertop/Blacktop engine" hindi ba hassle un? magakano additional cash out ko + mag papa engine change pa ako sa LTO nyan d ba?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
100K - 150K cars