New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Hi guys,

We're looking for a car for my mom, budget's pegged at 800k... Preferably something with decent cargo space, so no place for the mazda2 and yaris hatchbacks

She can drive a M/T vehicle with no problems. Just doesn't like driving a sizable car (hates the ranger. out na rin yung mga diesel AUVs or the avanza/apv)

currently looking at the following:

subcompacts:
    Toyota Vios 1.5 G AT/MT
    Honda City 1.3 S AT/MT
    Honda Jazz 1.3 S AT/MT
    Mazda 2 1.5 sedan AT/MT

compacts: - of some concern is the fuel consumption. been reading reports of poor FC for the Altis and Focus... the Cruze is untested, though. and sobrang mahal raw maintenance ng Chevy.
    Toyota Altis 1.6 E MT
    Ford Focus 1.8 Trend MT
    Chevrolet Cruze L MT

so any comments on these?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Cargo space, compact, MT? She might like the Nissan Grand Livina 6MT.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Madalas ba siyang city driving lang sir or may highway rin naman and passengers?

Comment na ako sa vios hehe.. Kahit 1.3E lang yung amin, tingin ko kulang pa rin sa toys yung 1.5 vios kung medyo yun din ang hanap ni mom mo. Comfort is acceptable na rin.. And the trunk space is decent enough..

I'm just not sure kung magiging underpowered na 'to once na may medium to heavy cargo ka na tapos may passengers pa.. Sa 1.3 kasi namin underpowered talaga pag may karga para sakin.. Just to share my experience on the SLEX with 3 passengers (teens) + me (driver), you almost have to floor the gas pedal for it to move.. Again, this is for the 1.3

Kapag sa 1.3S Jazz naman I remembered sir niky's review in bigbigcar.com na konti na lang ang idadagdag para sa 1.5V pero sulit na sulit na.. Malaki rin daw ang cargo space..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Madalas ba siyang city driving lang sir or may highway rin naman and passengers?

Comment na ako sa vios hehe.. Kahit 1.3E lang yung amin, tingin ko kulang pa rin sa toys yung 1.5 vios kung medyo yun din ang hanap ni mom mo. Comfort is acceptable na rin.. And the trunk space is decent enough..

I'm just not sure kung magiging underpowered na 'to once na may medium to heavy cargo ka na tapos may passengers pa.. Sa 1.3 kasi namin underpowered talaga pag may karga para sakin.. Just to share my experience on the SLEX with 3 passengers (teens) + me (driver), you almost have to floor the gas pedal for it to move.. Again, this is for the 1.3

Kapag sa 1.3S Jazz naman I remembered sir niky's review in bigbigcar.com na konti na lang ang idadagdag para sa 1.5V pero sulit na sulit na.. Malaki rin daw ang cargo space..

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    triple post sorry

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    *Horsepower: A very good suggestion... hoping for a discount since we're trying to keep it below 800k. But we're not considering using any in-house financing (wala na bang discount pag ganyan?), and my dad doesn't want to go back to Nissan

*Chikselog: it will be mostly for city driving, her route would probably include a foray to Manila from QC every now and then. Hindi rin sya masyadong ma-gala.

Regarding the 1.5V jazz - yes, this would've been sweet, but it's still 60 grand over the 1.3 S AT, and hindi raw nagbibigay ng discount ang honda

Cargo-wise, it's usually for a week's worth of groceries (around 8-10 bags), or an occasional wheelchair. Passenger-wise... probably some kids and our househelp at times

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    go for the vios G 1.5 AT. wala atang MT na vios G sir.

my mom uses hers for everyday, all occasion and every purpose she can get with it. and she's very happy with it. its been two yrs.

no problems so far and very fuel efficient.

its not underpowered imho, for the 1.5L engine, it just suits that weight of the vios' body. and its pretty fast too. hehehe

we just upgrade our tires to 195/55 to be more stable on high speed. para kasing malundo yung takbo niya pagpatak ng 100kph. parang liliparin. nlex kase si ermat araw araw averaging 100kph at more or less 90kms everyday.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    go for the vios G 1.5 AT. wala atang MT na vios G sir.

my mom uses hers for everyday, all occasion and every purpose she can get with it. and she's very happy with it. its been two yrs.

no problems so far and very fuel efficient.

its not underpowered imho, for the 1.5L engine, it just suits that weight of the vios' body. and its pretty fast too. hehehe

we just upgrade our tires to 195/55 to be more stable on high speed. para kasing malundo yung takbo niya pagpatak ng 100kph. parang liliparin. nlex kase si ermat araw araw averaging 100kph at more or less 90kms everyday.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    hi there...

i would suggest the Honda City 1.3 ... either MT or AT is still within the budget... i initially thought the Jazz but the occasional wheelchair would fit the City's trunk better...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    try considering the Mitsubishi lancer CVT model. Old body yun, not the evo 10 style. still on sale sa mga mitsu dealer. It has a 1.6 MT version which is priced a little higher than the 1.3 vios

Yung CVT model nila, 1.6 na with abs,4 disk brakes and still priced way below the vios 1.5G

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Brand new car for 800k