New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Close enough in price, both 1.6L and both compact cars.

Which one would you choose and why?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post

SOUL. More "fun" to drive in.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1h63Xpj0eE&]2010 Kia Soul - His & Her Test Drives - YouTube[/ame]

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post

elantra. soul's novelty can wear off after a couple of years.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mda_ View Post
    elantra. soul's novelty can wear off after a couple of years.
    Elantra looks like an accent or even a civic. Looks already like a common car. How much more if you give it two years?

SOUL has its novelty but also the SOUL has its practicality and comfort which the Elantra cannot equal. You can even carry very large cargo items if you fold down the rear seats... things you cannot do with a sedan like the Elantra.

Overall the SOUL has more long term value than the Elantra. Plus it is fun to simply drive it.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Elantra looks like an accent or even a civic. Looks already like a common car. How much more if you give it two years?

SOUL has its novelty but also the SOUL has its practicality and comfort which the Elantra cannot equal. You can even carry very large cargo items if you fold down the rear seats... things you cannot do with a sedan like the Elantra.

Overall the SOUL has more long term value than the Elantra. Plus it is fun to simply drive it.

agree with you on the practicality of the soul, with the space and all. i just feel that the elantra will be "safer" choice igiven the two options. nothing wrong with being common.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mda_ View Post
    agree with you on the practicality of the soul, with the space and all. i just feel that the elantra will be "safer" choice igiven the two options. nothing wrong with being common.
    The "safer" choice would be to buy either a Vios or a Corolla instead of the Elantra. Just saying...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The "safer" choice would be to buy either a Vios or a Corolla instead of the Elantra. Just saying...
    of course. but they're not part of the choices.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    The soul is now on top is the list for my moms new car. First choice dapat carens but phased out na and the new model is due by next year pa. So far ive alreasy asked around for the FC. With active eco turn on, the FC is around 8 to 9km/liter for pure city driving. We are still debating pa which vehicle to get coz i want an innova but its too big daw for my mom since shes insisting to drive again.

Matic tranny comes with sportmode +/-

4 colors lang available. Tomato red, cherry black, bright silver and titanium silver(gray)

Wierd pa rin daw yun feeling ng EPS niya, you need to get used to it.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I'd go with Tomato Red.

Sounds weird but looks nice actually.

Unless your mom prefers a more subtle color such as the silver or the grey.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    ^^^
    you got it right renzo_d10, the red is too loud daw for her and now shes choosing between the silver or gray.

Im still hopeful she will agree with me in getting an innova instead

The subwoofer is back, its located at the mid of the dashboard. Im not sure though what brand they put in. Since one model nalang yun soul which is equivalent sa base unit sa states, the review sa states didnt mention anything about its sound system. It also doesnt come with a center arm rest
    Last edited by AKI125; April 20th, 2012 at 10:33 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast