New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Close enough in price, both 1.6L and both compact cars.

Which one would you choose and why?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post

SOUL. More "fun" to drive in.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1h63Xpj0eE&]2010 Kia Soul - His & Her Test Drives - YouTube[/ame]

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post

elantra. soul's novelty can wear off after a couple of years.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mda_ View Post
    elantra. soul's novelty can wear off after a couple of years.
    Elantra looks like an accent or even a civic. Looks already like a common car. How much more if you give it two years?

SOUL has its novelty but also the SOUL has its practicality and comfort which the Elantra cannot equal. You can even carry very large cargo items if you fold down the rear seats... things you cannot do with a sedan like the Elantra.

Overall the SOUL has more long term value than the Elantra. Plus it is fun to simply drive it.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Elantra looks like an accent or even a civic. Looks already like a common car. How much more if you give it two years?

SOUL has its novelty but also the SOUL has its practicality and comfort which the Elantra cannot equal. You can even carry very large cargo items if you fold down the rear seats... things you cannot do with a sedan like the Elantra.

Overall the SOUL has more long term value than the Elantra. Plus it is fun to simply drive it.

agree with you on the practicality of the soul, with the space and all. i just feel that the elantra will be "safer" choice igiven the two options. nothing wrong with being common.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mda_ View Post
    agree with you on the practicality of the soul, with the space and all. i just feel that the elantra will be "safer" choice igiven the two options. nothing wrong with being common.
    The "safer" choice would be to buy either a Vios or a Corolla instead of the Elantra. Just saying...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The "safer" choice would be to buy either a Vios or a Corolla instead of the Elantra. Just saying...
    of course. but they're not part of the choices.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Soul for me. When i took a closer look at it, its quite a handy car and its bigger than you think it would be.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd get the Soul in manual guise please. Its an instant standout wherever it goes and you get to fit more stuff inside as compared to the Elantra. Though if you want something that looks the sophisticated and elegant sort, get the Elantra.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    definitely Soul. better features and ground clearance for different road conditions. good head room. reminds me of the Toyota BB.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast