New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I'll go with the CRV on this one.
    The 2.0L engine is very refined yet economical.
    Typical Honda reliability and excellent handling.
    Perfect for the city and occasional out of town trips.
    Styling is a matter of personal taste but I think the CRV's will hold up over time.
    Just my two cents.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The gas Tucson is pretty good... drives nice, feels lighter than the diesel, and the 6-speed tranny makes up for the lack of power.

If you're willing to stump up for the diesel Tucson... that'll give you decent fuel consumption and a little "yahoo" from time to time when you can get out on the highway.

I like the CR-V. The new CR-V has a revised suspension that gives it a softer ride than before and better handling... more comparable to the ASX and Tucson. And it's still unbeatable in terms of seat space and comfort (the second row is as good as the Santa Fe or better) and the interior quality is better than your other choices. Only issue is the hard rear bench, but you're not sitting there. The 2.0 lacks low-end torque, and you'll notice it more than in the Tucson or the ASX, since the CR-V only has a five-speed auto. But if you're not a "fast" driver, it's no biggie.

The ASX is the most carlike of your choices. Drives exactly like a Lancer... on stilts. It's light, nippy and easy to thread through traffic. The CVT may seem weird at first, but it's perfect for daily use (the only better transmission out there is the CVT in the X-Trail). It should give you pretty good fuel consumption, as it's very light. But we haven't done a long-tem test of one, yet. And there are some pretty good discounts if you pay cash.

The only problem with the ASX is cargo space. It's tiny. Ground clearance is a non-issue.. as none of these are off-roaders, and ground clearance has nothing to do with flood-fording (as it doesn't tell you where the intake is).
    Last edited by niky; March 13th, 2011 at 06:01 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by April_Ryan View Post
    Thanks for the tip guys. It looks like the diesel Tucson variant is the unanimous choice.

What about the gas-powered Tucson versus the diesel? Is the latter worth the 200K difference?
    IMO worth it yung 200k kung from time to time e gusto mo "humataw" kasi totoo yung sabi nila na mapapa "yahoo" ka. pero accdng to you nga hindi ka naman fast driver, siguro ok din yung 2.0 GLS. yan din ang choice ko last year 2.0 GLS pero i ended up with the R eVGT kasi yun ang available that time. pero no regrets malakas at matipid ang diesel version.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Tucson 2.0 GL e-VGT, Santa Fe, CR-V order of preference.

Why not get the 2.0 GL A/T to save money. I bet this is almost the price you bought your RAV4. Depreciation din ng low end sa high end halos parehas lang in the future.

Pero if money is not a concern go with the first three choices.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Again, advise ko ulit, evaluate your needs. Medyo malayo yata ang functions ng mga small SUV and yun Genesis.

I test driven all except the ASX, but I heard it sounds good to drive, but small lang daw cargo space.

The Tucson also drove very nicely. I preferred the gas vs. the diesel though. The looks are good, but the reason I didn't buy it is because its claustrophobic sitting at the back. Plus there were a lot of birth pains for this model last year. I think they pretty much ironed out all problems now.

The Santa Fe was great! Very powerful engine, lots of features. I wished I have bought that but kulang sa budget. I remember the cheapest selling at 1.5m+.

Forester was so pogi naman, full of features such as All Wheel Drive, boxer engine, sunroof and all. This was my choice but natalo ako sa family voting as my wife opted for the CR-V.

CR-V is a great vehicle, albeit an old design but it works. Forget what you hear na matagtag sya. The new version rides smoothly. And if you want space, you'll have lots of it with this car. You'll know its a great car kasi maski na old version, it still sells like hotcakes.

Test drive it with your family, if you have one, and you'll actually see the difference between them.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    The Santa Fe was great! Very powerful engine, lots of features. I wished I have bought that but kulang sa budget. I remember the cheapest selling at 1.5m+.
    1.3M yung cheapest Santa Fe. 2.4L Theta II yung engine.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    1.3M yung cheapest Santa Fe. 2.4L Theta II yung engine.
    Baka yung sinasabi ni Mguy yung 2006 model na Santa Fe noon. Yung VGT CRDi na Santa Fes pa lang. Wala pang gasoline engine na SF noon kaya 1.5m+ niya naalala.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last year lang siya bumili ng CR-V eh.

Meron na nung Theta II Santa Fe.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May 2010 to be exact. Hmmm. The sales agent from Hyundai Pasig offered me 2 types of Santa Fe only, the 4x2 and 4x4. Both CRDi.

Oh well, I'll probably stick with the CRV anyway if the lower version is very bare.

Just to clarify, which one (among my choices) is the "ASX"? Just backread the answers anew and realized two posters mentioned "ASX". I looked at my initial post and I never mentioned "ASX" among the choices

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
1.3M-Tucson, Sta Fe, CRV, Forester?