New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    i'd rather get a 1.5 Jazz than a 1.8 low-end Civic.

primarily because of the exterior add-ons and safety features. amazingly, Honda didn't include ABS and airbags in the low-end Civic

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    You know, I don't consider the Jazz as a mini-car. Parang kasing luwag ng Jazz ang Civic and Altis sa loob. It has a respectable trunk space at the back even if the seats are not folded. Itsura lang maliit but once you own one, parang ang laki nya.
    correct. small sa outside but big sa inside plus tipid pa sa gas

airbag? abs? capable engine? id rather go for this than the entry level civic. pagtabihin mo, mas maganda naman ang vtec na jazz sa entry level na civic ( at least sa looks hehe )

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    yup, the newer 1.3S models no longer have ABS and airbags as features.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    In terms of hauling cargo, the Jazz with its U.L.T second row seats is far more useful and flexible. However, when it comes to seating five people inside, any compact car (Civic, Corolla Altis, Optra, Lancer, Sentra, etc) would definitely feel much more comfortable than any subcompact (ie. Jazz, City, Vios, Aveo, Getz, Picanto, etc..)

As for the thread starter's inquiry, I think the 1.5 VTEC is a MUCH better buy than the 1.3S bec. you get the following for only Php 82,000 on top of the price of a 1.3S

1.) 1.5 VTEC engine
    2.) Dual SRS Airbags
    3.) ABS (Anti-lock Brake System) with EBD w/ BA (Electronic Brake-force Distribution with Brake Assist)
    4.) Rear disc brakes
    5.) New design 15" wheels
    6.) Front and Rear bumper Skirt
    7.) Side Skirt
    8.) Trunk Spoiler
    9.) Seatbelts pretensioner w/ Load Limiter
    10.) High-Mount Stop Lamp
    11.) i-Pod Ready CD In-dash Audio System with MP3 / WMA / Playback3
    12.) Rear Roof Mounted
    13.) Headlamps - 3-Dimensional (Body colored type)
    14.) Tail lamps - LED type (with smoke type lens)
    15.) Keyless entry feature
    16.) Sunvisor- Driver & Assistant with vanity mirror
    17.) Interior color scheme - Two-tone Black

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvx View Post
    8 nga lang spark plug kaya masakit sa bulsa to upgrade the plugs.
    8 spark plugs? Ano 'to 2 SP's per piston?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kupaloids View Post
    8 spark plugs? Ano 'to 2 SP's per piston?

yes twin sparks. 8 valves only. No variable valve timing. Very high compression ratio. Optimized purely for low-RPM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    1.3 Jazz with ABS and Airbags were available in 2004 only. The following year (2005) when they relesed the 1.5 Vtec, they phased out those feature for the 1.3 and placed them on the 1.5 VTEC unit only. Even the new facelifted 2006 Jazz 1.3 S still has NO airbags or ABS, only the 1.5V has them.
    Buwisit naman ang Honda, oh... :evil

RE: twin spark - pretty nifty feature, too bad the engine is too small to have both twin spark plugs and VTEC at the same time, as that would have given the 1.5 even better fuel economy and torque.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    However, when it comes to seating five people inside, any compact car (Civic, Corolla Altis, Optra, Lancer, Sentra, etc) would definitely feel much more comfortable than any subcompact (ie. Jazz, City, Vios, Aveo, Getz, Picanto, etc..)
    Sorry but I beg to differ. I owned a Sentra before and the Jazz space for 5 adults is bigger than the Sentra. I don't think you could put the Jazz in terms of interior space with the Aveo, Getz, Picanto. Even probably with the Vios.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    We were able to fit 7 people total in the Jazz, may space pa for 2.

2 sa harap, 4 sa likod, 1 sa cargo space. Power wasn't that bogged down, pero nakalagay sa S yung shifter para lower gears yung ginagamit. I'm sure with vtec no need to put it sa S.

Sayang nga, agree ako kay Niky, sana 8 sparkplugs to maximize torque and have it equipped with vtec para high end power utilized. Now, you have power at low rpm and high rpm.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    the jazz is very deceptive. it looks very tight and cramped from the outside, but its actually very, very spacious on the inside. credit this to the ingenious and forward looking designers of honda

btw, in my experience w/ the 1.3 cvt, acceleration isn't really a problem once you get used to playing w/ the electronic gear shifting. i use this feature often in the city and also most especially during out of town trips. the car is so spritely it can surely hold its own
    Last edited by baludoy; September 19th, 2006 at 03:39 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
1.3 jazz vs. 1.5 jazz