New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    can anyone help me in deciding which is better?
    very confused. dont know how to decide. any difference besides the obvious power? how about suspension?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If it's going to be your primary car, 1.5, if secondary car, 1.3.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    why would it being primary or secondary matter? just curious.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Personally lang ha, kung primary car ko, gusto ko yung merong konting oomph. Pag secondary car naman, I'd rather have one that puts out very good mileage.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    if your gonna use it day 2 day and its your only car-- i would go for the 1.5 CVT but matipid naman siya still your gona get hi km/l but mas matipid ang 1.3CVT but you lack the power when puno parati ang kotse mo... both have the same identical body.. suspension... interior.... chassis.. engine lng talaga magkaiba... but if extra car mo lang siya, get the 1.3CVT.. mas matipid ang CVT kesa M/T.... iv driven one and talagang matipid ang CVT

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Read this review:

http://asia.vtec.net/Reviews/JazzVtec/

In my opinion it was a very similar experience I had with our 1.3 except na vtec yung test car.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1.5 CVT talaga ang best combination. However, if budget is your consideration, 1.3 manual or CVT na lang.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I test drove both 1.3 and 1.5.. i ended up buying the 1.5 CVT.. and its my favorite car.. Kulang yung power ng 1.3... My km/l in the vtec is not that far away 11-12 km/l as to 14-15 km/l city driving.

Highway naman..
    i regulary get 23 - 25 km/l. . (Tagaytay, Carmona, Batangas runs)

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    ive read that article before and it mentions a difference in the suspension between the two.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    But the point is that ganyan yung experience ko with our Jazz. He wrote it precisely how I experienced it, especially yung little details like the CVT, how it downshifts, etc.

Kung puro city ka lang, 1.3 na lang. Mas ok yung 1.5 sa highway. Mahina mag overtake yung 1.3 unless talagang sumisigaw na talaga yung makina. Yung vtec naman basta keep it below the vtec point, matipid din siya. The primary advantage of the vtec is power when you need it, among other cosmetic/accessory perks over the 1.3.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
1.3 jazz vs. 1.5 jazz