New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    1.3 : bare

1.5 : fully dressed up

hehehe

i drove both and ended up with 1.5 too. power and tipid padin naman eh. suspension is stiffer nga compared sa 1.3.

pero kung mag isa ka lagi and city driving lang 1.3 will be very good, medyo magkalayo din kasi presyo ng 1.3 at 1.5. yun matitipid mo sa pambili mo ng 1.3 eh pangas mo na hehe this is kung di ka nauwi sa province and wala ka mdami sinasakay palagi

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I've driven both the 1.3 & 1.5. i ended up choosing 1.3 cvt. specially if you don't over load it sobrang sulit at fun to drive.
    i used to own a lancer MX na a/t with sports mode. with all the mods done to the lancer, the jazz still felt more fun to drive with just a K&N drop-in filter, iridium plugs and J-Spl rims, specially with the 7 speed sport mode in use. plus sobrang tipid pa talaga. 8 nga lang spark plug kaya masakit sa bulsa to upgrade the plugs.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    1.5 jazz. Medyo bitin yung 1.3 sa highway and pag meron kang passengers. Hirap mag accelerate 1.3. Gas milage diff isnt that much. may abs at airbag pa

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    if you care about safety (e.g., ABS and airbags), get the 1.5 version
    if you're on a tight budget, get the 1.3

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You can get an S version with the airbags and ABS for the 1.3.

Personally, the 1.5 is a nicer car, especially with the new sporty mag and tire combo... but the 1.3 shouldn't disappoint you, and it's even a decent long distance car if you don't mind the lack of acceleration (it'll still cruise at over 100 km/h for long periods of time).

I have a lot of cousins driving 1.3 Jazz/City CVTs. I've driven them myself a couple of times. And despite the lack of horses under the hood, I've found the 1.3 Jazz to be a delightfully nimble car, one that shouldn't disappoint you on a spirited run to Antipolo or Tagaytay.
    Last edited by niky; September 15th, 2006 at 06:08 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    From hondaphil.com :

Jazz 1.3 S CVT - P690K
    Jazz 1.5 S CVT (with SRS and ABS) - P772K

If you want the ooomph, you want SRS and ABS and you have money to burn/invest, then go with the latter. You pay P82K more. Definitely, this offers a more surreal driving experience.

Now, if you're like us (actually, I have no choice back then... hehehe) who want something to get us from pointA to pointB, then go with the former. (I haven't used up P82K yet in maintenance and petrol, after a year and a half of driving this wondrous sweetie....)

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    grabe ganyan na ba presyo ng mini-car ngaun. almost 800k na! magkano yun civic 1.8s ngaun. I thought it's around 800+, if you'll spend 772k, might as well go mid-sedan na

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You know, I don't consider the Jazz as a mini-car. Parang kasing luwag ng Jazz ang Civic and Altis sa loob. It has a respectable trunk space at the back even if the seats are not folded. Itsura lang maliit but once you own one, parang ang laki nya.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    grabe ganyan na ba presyo ng mini-car ngaun. almost 800k na! magkano yun civic 1.8s ngaun. I thought it's around 800+, if you'll spend 772k, might as well go mid-sedan na
    2006 Civic 1.8 base model is around P 767K. That would certainly give you second thought if you are eyeing a Jazz 1.5 VTEC.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    You can get an S version with the airbags and ABS for the 1.3.
    1.3 Jazz with ABS and Airbags were available in 2004 only. The following year (2005) when they relesed the 1.5 Vtec, they phased out those feature for the 1.3 and placed them on the 1.5 VTEC unit only. Even the new facelifted 2006 Jazz 1.3 S still has NO airbags or ABS, only the 1.5V has them.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
1.3 jazz vs. 1.5 jazz