New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    picanto na.. masyado pricey ang jazz para sa home school home ni daughter.. picanto 1.0 3 cylinder engine matipid siguro yan.. cute pa

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

yes, that is what i have in mind too. 20-25km/li FC.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by single_ma View Post
    thank you gti. lady here by the way. ;)

it doesn't matter if the model is roaming widespread on the jam packed avenues of manila. anyway she'll be using this for school-house routes only. no need for a fast car in metro streets, just a pretty good fuel consumption is the factor.
    Hehe~ Sorry ma'am, didn't notice the username. Ah yes, I see your point. Simple and reliable transportation from point A to point B. If you want the best for your daughter, the Jazz would be the best choice having no known issues, excellent performance and fuel efficiency, and a 10000kms maintenance interval as compared to 5000kms for some others. Also, hatches are much easier to park than sedans with no trunk to block the view, and also an inherently shorter length as compared to their sedan counterparts. And then the Jazz has no handicap in the space department unlike the other hatches in this segment, so its for me the best car which fits her needs currently available in the market.

You may also want to go one step lower and take a look at the Kia Picanto as suggested. If you don't mind the even smaller size and 1.0L inline 3 engine, its a pretty solid car that also happens to be very good looking, almost as if it were a European car.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    IMHO lang, i would'nt consider small cars for my daughter, PUV's tend to bully small vehicles.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    IMHO lang, i would'nt consider small cars for my daughter, PUV's tend to bully small vehicles.

for school-house lang naman ito. hindi naman cguro ito dadaan sa edsa.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    for school-house lang naman ito. hindi naman cguro ito dadaan sa edsa.
    Kapag sinabi bang " school-house " purpose eh stuck na dun? Hindi ba pwedeng dalhin sa mall kapag weekend?

Or hindi pwede gumimik kapag Friday?

Err.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    The Vios gets my vote. Cheap to maintain IMHO. I suggest the newer 1.3G variant, Madam.

As for the 1.3 Hondas, I'm not sure though if there are still supply issues with their dealers.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    and a 10000kms maintenance interval as compared to 5000kms for some others
    CMIIW you still have to change your oil filter and top up your oil every 5k even when using synthetic.

Picanto gets my vote. It's small and easy to park especially where space is at a premium aka school.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    The new Picanto is cute, but do put some attention to the new Swift, too.

And some other hatchbacks such as the Ford Fiesta & the Mazda 2.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by single_ma View Post
    hello gentlemen..

cannot decide which 1.3 automatic car has the best fuel consumption. need one for my daughter. im down with these options.

1.3 nissan gx
    1.3 toyot vios
    1.3 honda jazz
    1.3 honda city

does lancer has 1.3 automatic?

tia guys.

They are all 1.3's, thus fuel consumption (FC) is not really a big factor for those cars. Rather, go with comfort, safety & looks.

If you really want most economical FC, you can downgrade your selection below 1.3. Say 1.1 or 1.0 would be a better FC!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
1.3 AT Cars