New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippin View Post
    Hijacking the topic, what would you choose between the CR-V 2.0 S CVT (1.66M) and the Forester 2.0i-L (1.698M)?

Both are 5 seater gas powered CVT with more or less the same dimensions, with a few electronic features favoring the Subie. Parang one needs to step up to 1.8M na ano to get a fairly decent CUV/PPV?
    CRV 1.6S diesel. I know it's 200k more expensive but it'll pay for itself in 3 years.

The 1.6S diesel has more useable power and torque in city driving while being very, very thrifty at the pump.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Geely is using Volvo.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Hello po! What do you mean using Volvo? (I know they own many if not most of Volvo’s shares...and the sales person pointed the engine stating that it is Volvo) Is it in a good way or in a bad way? And would you know its reliability? Thank you!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by fireproofjat View Post
    Hello po! What do you mean using Volvo? (I know they own many if not most of Volvo’s shares...and the sales person pointed the engine stating that it is Volvo) Is it in a good way or in a bad way? And would you know its reliability? Thank you!
    Having license to copy is definitely better than Chinese copies.[emoji4]Geely has long had the tech transfer agreement from Volvo a few years after the acquisition. Volvo is moving into Electrics. Their combustion segment will be under their jointly owned brand, Lynk & Co.

The Coolray, aka Binyue, is using the BMA platform they co-developed w/ Volvo.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Geely is using Volvo.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Geely owns Volvo now. It can do whatever it can to promote their own product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Geely owns Volvo now. It can do whatever it can to promote their own product.

Hirap pa maka establish ng mga chinese brands.. kaya siguro they bought na lang known brands na.. like MG..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Having license to copy is definitely better than Chinese copies..Geely has long had the tech transfer agreement from Volvo a few years after the acquisition. Volvo is moving into Electrics. Their combustion segment will be under their jointly owned brand, Lynk & Co...

The Coolray, aka Binyue, is using the BMA platform they co-developed w/ Volvo.
    ...[/IMG]
    Thank you po for elaborating! I guess time will tell lang talaga in terms of reliability and quality, especially on the condition of our roads.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    CRV 1.6S diesel. I know it's 200k more expensive but it'll pay for itself in 3 years.

The 1.6S diesel has more useable power and torque in city driving while being very, very thrifty at the pump.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Thank u sir jut, how about between CRV 1.6S Diesel and the now discounted Forester XT? I know it depends on the person but I'd like to hear your thoughts, especially that you like to drive fast. I know Egan would choose the XT. The CRV would be more practical but one can choose to live a little and drive more enthusiastically.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Thank u sir jut, how about between CRV 1.6S Diesel and the now discounted Forester XT? I know it depends on the person but I'd like to hear your thoughts, especially that you like to drive fast. I know Egan would choose the XT. The CRV would be more practical but one can choose to live a little and drive more enthusiastically.
    Yes, the Forester XT is the best choice in the crossover segment if driving fast is your primary concern. But if you have some spare cash... As in solid, buo na 2M, maybe look for a used Lexus RX 350 instead if you want a reliable fast crossover. Looking at those on the market, they seem to be well taken cared of.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The CRV diesel is more practical - it is more fuel efficient and it has 7 seats. However, if you want something fast with ample space for 5 people and a big trunk space plus the added grip of AWD, then the FXT is the vehicle for you.

Most CUVs are priced around the same and fuel consumption is about the same among the gas-fed models. I guess if you know you’re going to spend fuel, you might as well get the most powerful one and enjoy a bit of spirited driving once in a while. The FXT surely fits the bill.

Last edited by Egan101; August 26th, 2019 at 11:26 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The CRV diesel is more practical - it is more fuel efficient and it has 7 seats. However, if you want something fast with ample space for 5 people and a big trunk space plus the added grip of AWD, then the FXT is the vehicle for you.

Most CUVs are priced around the same and fuel consumption is about the same among the gas-fed models. I guess if you know you’re going to spend fuel, you might as well get the most powerful one and enjoy a bit of spirited driving once in a while. The FXT surely fits the bill.

I found a 2014 XT for 750k with 40k mileage but I still need to dispose of my sedan first so there's that.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast