• City 1.3

23 54.76%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Thank you po sa reply!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    base city lang ata yung sinasabi nya 1.3A, not the 1.3S.
    yung hubcubs, non ULT pero all powered. it does have CD Stereo but only has 2 speakers.

the Vios has edge of, aside from being newer, having a bigger footprint (14" rims), driver's airbag, adjustable rear headrest and 4 speakers CD Stereo.

But the City seems more convenient for her(and being a non-car enthusiast).

i actually prefer the Vios.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    vios here

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Go for the Vios. Vios E if you some extra cash. The City's body is not very stable when you go to rough roads.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    What will you get with a..

For Vios 08 J variant:

Toyota reliability- though may appear to be a bit an eye sore at times, the more you see a similar vehicle on the road the higher the chances of parts availability in the long run. example would be the lancer box type in the 80's and the corolla in the 90's.
    Advancements: Drive-by-wire acceleration, Electric power steering, VVTI technology (available in all vios variants).
    Safety: Airbags in all variants

For Honda City:

Honda Exclusivity- No Taxi's
    Power windows

Verdict: if you can wait for the new city which is due for release mid this year, go for the new City. but if you cant, go for the new Vios . you wouldnt want to be buying an a old model car dont you?

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    among the two, the Vios is it!

you might want to check on the prices of the current
    Lancer 1.6 GLX- almost in the price range of the Vios E. hehehehehe

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    the Vios E does seem to be a Bad Deal at 650k plus. same price as the City 1.3S CVT.

I've heard rumors that Toyota is freely giving promos on the Yaris, to the tune of 100K. That would bring the Yaris (748K) to the same price range as the Vios E. And the Yaris has the spec of the Vios G. (actually the Vios is the Yaris sedan, so...)

If I'm at the 550k level, the City is all-power (and i-DSI can match/exceed Toyota's VVT-i). If I'm at the 650k level, I think I'd go for the Yaris. Dual airbags and ABS.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Vioser View Post
    Go for the Vios. Vios E if you some extra cash. The City's body is not very stable when you go to rough roads.
    I beg to differ.

In back-to-back testing, the current Yaris/Vios and Jazz/City react in much the same way to bad potholes in provincial driving... the only difference is that the Jazz has less ground clearance than the Toyotas (not sure about the City). The Toyotas have softer springs, but they still have limited suspension travel, so they'll still thump over bad potholes.

Any difference in ride comfort or off-roadability is too slight to be noticeable. And we drove over 150 kms during that test.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    +1. Have the same problem on my Camry. It's really mostly due to the windows not being used. My front windows work fine, although they need some lubrication. It's right rear window that's been problematic.

Btw, niky, where can you get this lubricant, and what is it called? Thanks.

I was able to buy a power window lubricant at Concorde in Megamall, forgot the brand but it was packed in a tube and it cost a hundred something, definitely less than 200 pesos.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Sa Vios na lang..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
07 Vios 1.3 J vs Current City 1.3