42. You may not vote on this poll
  • 07 Vios 1.3 J M/T

19 45.24%
  • City 1.3

23 54.76%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Why don't you go up a bit on the vios and take the E variant. All power na siya with mag wheels. I think it's keyless entry na rin.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    current tsikot nya kasi ngayon eh Sentra GX which is a pawis window pero ok lang naman. Mas naiirita nga ako kasi pag ako nag ddrive. Pag mag park ka eh manual window pag kuha nang ticket or pagbayd or pag mag gas. Sanay kasi ako sa Galant ko na all powered...

They did went na sa Dealers. Yung trunk nang Vios eh may extra space for tools, yung City wala. Mas parang elegant daw yung City but Vios is parang sporty inside.

Each has pros and cons talaga.

Can someone explain to me yung engine head to head figures bet the two and what it means:

VIOS
    Bore and stroke mm 75.0 x 73.5
    Max Output (EEC NET) 85HP/6,000 rpm
    Max Torque (EEC NET) 122Nm/4,000 rpm

City
    Bore and Stroke mm 73.0 X 80.0 73.0 X 80.0
    Compression ratio :1 10.4 10.4
    Maximum power ps/rpm 82 / 5700 82 / 5700
    Maximum torque kgm/rpm 11.8 / 2800 11.8 / 2800

Mas malaki displacment nang City at 1339 vs 1298 ng Vios.
    Does this mean mas lamang City sa over all power?

Her current Gx really lacks overall power in all aspect kasi nga 1.3 on a heavy body pero compared to 1998 1.3 corolla, laki nang difference

Thanks guys

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I own the 2008 model ng Honda.. ung 1.5 VTEC variant nga lang.. hehe but nonetheless, everything is okay.. from the power windows to the trunk and syempre ung 15" mags.. and, im loving it

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Not sure what lube you can use... maybe Vaseline? It's best to use a synthetic so it doesn't eat the rubber.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Not sure what lube you can use... maybe Vaseline? It's best to use a synthetic so it doesn't eat the rubber.
    Oohhh! Interesting.

edzzz,
    You can use this link to convert the torque of either the City or Vios so that it matches the other:
    http://www.convertunits.com/from/kil...o/newton-meter

The City's 11.8Kg/M of torque comes to 115.72 NM. Though that's about 6 NM less than the Vios', it comes at a much earlier 2,800 rpm than the Vios' 4,000 (or 4,400 as per www.motioncars.com). So that means, to really maximize the Vios' torque, you have to rev it up to 4,000+ rpm, while the City, just to 2,800 rpm. The City's fuel consumption would be better due to this factor, plus it would be a better in-city ride with torque (hatak) coming in earlier. Power is about the same.

I think it would now really be a decision on what "feels" better or more comfy. Perhaps specs-wise, the City would have the slight edge thanks to its power features, the Vios may in turn be a better drive or may look better to the buyer.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Hello tsikoteers! Been reading the forums not just this one and it really helps me undertand a lot about cars. Thanks for being so informative.
    I'm planning to get any of these 2 cars this year. Will use it in the mountainous rural areas of Central Negros but with well-paved roads pero masyadong liko-liko.
    I'm wondering if which of these 2 cars can negotiate the steep uphill with 2 persons on board .
    My budget is limited and I can only afford the entry level ones of these units. Also fuel efficiency is also a big factor. Any Inputs will be highly appreciated.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    How about petroleum jelly? Do I just apply it on the rubber that's in contact with the window?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    How about petroleum jelly? Do I just apply it on the rubber that's in contact with the window?
    OT:
    i thought you are going to say "how bout K-Y Jelly?"

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    OT:
    i thought you are going to say "how bout K-Y Jelly?"
    AMF

:hysterical:

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'm not sure, but I think your safest bet is silicone grease. Just rub it into the grooves. I had that sticking problem with the Sentra before we sold it, rubbing lubricant into the grooves helped somewhat.

-----

RE: mountainous area: either of the two cars should be able to deal with it with just two passengers aboard... we made the climb up to Tagaytay in the 1.5 versions with four people aboard each car, no problem... pedal to the metal driving pa yan... so two people should be a piece of cake for the 1.3s. Don't know how well they'd overtake going uphill in automatic form, though.

Fuel efficiency... well, if you live in the province, it'll be out-of-this-world.
    Last edited by niky; January 7th, 2008 at 06:57 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
07 Vios 1.3 J vs Current City 1.3