42. You may not vote on this poll
  • 07 Vios 1.3 J M/T

19 45.24%
  • City 1.3

23 54.76%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys help naman. Company is provided. Company will shoulder maintenance and gas consumption. Both are manual tranny. Lady will drive. Will own after 5 years of service.

Comparisons:
    Vios - manual windows, no mags, hub cap lang ata ang provided. Mica red
    City - all powered. HU is iPod aux ready. Bluish Silver

help naman for inputs especially those who have one and re-sale value.

Thanks
    Last edited by edzzz; January 3rd, 2008 at 03:43 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by edzzz View Post
    Guys help naman. Company is provided. Company will shoulder maintenance and gas consumption. Both are manual tranny. Lady will drive. Will own after 5 years of service.

Comparisons:
    Vios - manual windows, no mags, hub cap lang ata ang provided. Mica red
    City - all powered. HU is iPod aux ready. Bluish Silver

help naman for inputs especially those who have one and re-sale value.

Thanks
    clear choice is the city... why? all powered na, naka mags pa. HU is IPOD ready pa. i am assuming that the vios is the j variant, so talagang bare yan.

after 5 years, imho, it will have a very slight edge in resale value.
    Last edited by 1D4LV; January 3rd, 2008 at 03:52 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Go for the City esp. since the company will be the one shouldering the maintenance costs anyway. Plus, there are more convenience features which the driver will appreciate.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The newer Vios should have the edge in resale... and it's got a slightly roomier cabin, but I think that after five years, the lady in question will be thoroughly sick of the manual windows... :lol:

I'd go for the City, myself... all-power, much, much bigger trunk space. Perfect as a starter family car or as a practical commuter.

But you should test-drive both cars... the Vios has a somewhat softer suspension that might appeal to the girl, also.
    Last edited by niky; January 3rd, 2008 at 05:15 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The newer Vios should have the edge in resale... and it's got a slightly roomier cabin, but I think that after five years, the lady in question will be thoroughly sick of the manual windows... :lol:

I'd go for the City, myself... all-power, much, much bigger trunk space. Perfect as a starter family car or as a practical commuter.

But you should test-drive both cars... the Vios has a somewhat softer suspension that might appeal to the girl, also.
    i stand corrected from my previous post. yes, the vios should have a slight edge in resale because its a 2007 model.

if niky said that after 5 years, the female driver will be tired of the manual windows, i personally think it would be below a year before she feels that she's tired of rolling up her windows... and besides, hindi papantay ang braso nya... magiging mas malaki ang kaliwang braso nya.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mags nung city eh yung wlang spoke. yung plato lang.

Nahihirapan na nga sya sa pagdecide. Is the power window really an edge?

I heard Honda power windows are PITA and laging nasisira?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by edzzz View Post
    mags nung city eh yung wlang spoke. yung plato lang.

Nahihirapan na nga sya sa pagdecide. Is the power window really an edge?

I heard Honda power windows are PITA and laging nasisira?
    for a girl, having a car with mags even though hindi sya yung mga mags na naglalaway tayo pag nakikita natin, is enough, if compared to donut rims.

the power windows is a necessity. you will appreciate it when you have it and you will long for it if you don't have it. and besides, the honda power windows thingie is such an urban legend. and if they really do break down easily, it is better to have them repaired than to have your non-power windows converted.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    though i'm more of a toyota fan than a honda one, i'd have to say the city is the better option. the all-power convenience features you mentioned, for me, already have an edge over the vios' manual windows and mirrors. i would think these would matter to a lady driver.

of course, there's the thing about looks, driving feel and the like. so you should accompany your lady to a showroom and see which one she likes better.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Power-windows are the same on any car. If you don't use them often enough, they get stuck up or the rubber gets stiff... which makes the motor work harder, which causes the motor to break early.

A bit of lubrication on the rubber moulding of power windows goes a long, long looong way to keeping them in good shape.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Power-windows are the same on any car. If you don't use them often enough, they get stuck up or the rubber gets stiff... which makes the motor work harder, which causes the motor to break early.

A bit of lubrication on the rubber moulding of power windows goes a long, long looong way to keeping them in good shape.
    +1. Have the same problem on my Camry. It's really mostly due to the windows not being used. My front windows work fine, although they need some lubrication. It's right rear window that's been problematic.

Btw, niky, where can you get this lubricant, and what is it called? Thanks.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
07 Vios 1.3 J vs Current City 1.3