New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Hi friends,

I am torn between these 3 cars as i will be using it for my daily drive (city and provincial driving). My criteria for selecting a car is comfort and reliability.

I chose comfort simply because riding a vios gives me headache esp during long bumpy rides. I also need to select a reliable car as these 3 are all used cars. Lastly, are parts cheaper since these are old models?

Currently, i am leaning on the camry as this provides the best comfort among the 3.

Btw, i work in sales so i am really traveling alot. Hope you guys can guide me somehow on my dilemma.

Thanks in advance tsikot friends!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vincent9999 View Post
    Hi friends,

I am torn between these 3 cars as i will be using it for my daily drive (city and provincial driving). My criteria for selecting a car is comfort and reliability.

I chose comfort simply because riding a vios gives me headache esp during long bumpy rides. I also need to select a reliable car as these 3 are all used cars. Lastly, are parts cheaper since these are old models?

Currently, i am leaning on the camry as this provides the best comfort among the 3.

Btw, i work in sales so i am really traveling alot. Hope you guys can guide me somehow on my dilemma.

Thanks in advance tsikot friends!
    The Camry is almost 10 years old so its not a good choice for daily drive especially long trips and also consider the fact that the Camry won't be as fuel efficient as either the Altis or Civic which can be a major factor especially that you mentioned that you do a lot of travelling.

If it were up to me, I'd choose the Altis. As for the Civic, I never really liked any Civics after the SIR.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Given that all vehicles have equal mileage, I'd pick the altis.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    My vote will be the 04 Camry as my #1 pick while the #2 is the 08 Civic FD.

Just because it wins out on just one criteria: soft suspension. And that's all you need in day-to-day city traffic and on why the Camry is the best-selling midsize sedan ever in the Philippines.

Pricing on parts is simply supply and demand. The Camry will be more expensive to maintain if a Camry-specific part breaks down but if it shares a common part with its Toyota siblings -- Vios and the Altis then maintenance should be competitive.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Since you're considering a Camry, at about the same price, I will also be looking at a 7th gen Accord 2.4L or Mazda 6 2.3L. You get a sportier ride and more comfortable than a Civic or Altis.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Among your choices and given the criteria, Camry... but go for a 2.4L if you can. Iba pa rin ang big car sa long trips.