New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I think the cheapest camry is more expensive that the top of the line forester. Iba ang category and iba ang features.

Iba comfort ride handling power etc etc. Apples compared to oranges.
    Last edited by jasonub; February 17th, 2015 at 09:58 PM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    For most non-car enthusiasts I know, SUV > sedan most of the time. Since you posted this, I asked 5 random people - officemates, our lobby guards, the parking attendant, and my girlfriend which looked more expensive:

This,

or this,

Unanimously they picked the XT. Mas may dating daw kasi malaki. And mas mahal daw ang SUV sa kotse.
    This is actually true. Ito din sabi ng isa kong empleyado na pinagtatawanan yung Volvo C30 ng kasama ko dito sa opisina. Kala niya Kia daw yun. She thought mas mahal pa ang CUV ko. For those na hindi mahihilig sa kotse, they associate the size of the car as the bigger/taller it is, the pricier it is.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    For most non-car enthusiasts I know, SUV > sedan most of the time. Since you posted this, I asked 5 random people - officemates, our lobby guards, the parking attendant, and my girlfriend which looked more expensive:

This,

or this,

Unanimously they picked the XT. Mas may dating daw kasi malaki. And mas mahal daw ang SUV sa kotse.
    +1 here. pansin ko rin pag gamit ko SUV vs vios while on the road. Sa SUV may saludo pa sa guards pag pasok sa ibang subdivision, ang approach ng police officer ay mas magalang pagsita sa traffic violation, pati nga carnaper mas prefer SUV keysa mid sized sedan. sell like hotcakes daw. LOL

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbon View Post
    +1 here. pansin ko rin pag gamit ko SUV vs vios while on the road. Sa SUV may saludo pa sa guards pag pasok sa ibang subdivision, ang approach ng police officer ay mas magalang pagsita sa traffic violation, pati nga carnaper mas prefer SUV keysa mid sized sedan. sell like hotcakes daw. LOL
    Agree. For me and wifey,- Forester it is....
    (Or, even the cheaper CUVs like Tucson, RAV4, Sportage, Escape et al)

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

25.8K:shazam:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    They buy it for comfort, luxury and exclusivity to some extent. My dad drives an accord and I own a cx5. Though my cx5 might be technologically better in most ways, it still feels comfortable and great driving the accord. The guards will even give you some special treatment most of the time. My dad also drives a montero and personally I feel tired driving it. But, to the uninformed man, it might look more expensive and more luxurious but it might not always be the case. At the end of the day, it all boils down to what you really prefer and how deep your pockets are. I personally almost bought a camry because the older model looks really pogi. Unfortunately, i didnt like both the new accord and the new camry in terms of looks so I settled with the pogi CX5

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonub View Post
    I think the cheapest camry is more expensive that the top of the line forester. Iba ang category and iba ang features.

Iba comfort ride handling power etc etc. Apples compared to oranges.
    Price and features are actually more comparable than you think:

Forester XT - 1,868,000
    Camry 2.5G - 1,455,000
    Camry 2.5V - 1,685,000
    Camry 3.5Q - 2,082,000

Forester XT - 240 ps, 0-100 in about 7.5s
    Camry 2.5 - 178 ps, 0-100 in about 9.5s
    Camry 3.5 - 277 ps, 0-100 in about 6.5s

Features common to FXT, Camry 2.5V and 3.5:
    - Leather seats
    - HID
    - Automatic climate control
    - ABS/EBD
    - Power adjustable seats
    - Push start ignition
    - Automatic headlamps
    - Power folding side mirrors
    - Cruise control

FXT features that aren't on the Camry 2.5V:
    - 220mm ground clearance
    - AWD
    - Rain sensing wipers*
    - Moon roof
    - Harman Kardon 8-speaker sound system
    - Bluetooth connectivity*
    - Rear fog lamps
    - Traction control*
    - 6 airbags*
    - Twin tailpipes*
    - Power tail gate

* Not on 2.5V but available on 3.5Q

Camry 3.5Q features not on FXT:
    - Power adjustable steering column
    - Adaptive front lighting
    - Headlamp washers
    - Power rear sun shade

Ride comfort and handling are of course quite different. The Camry is still more plush but the Forester has sharper steering, handling, and most importantly, is more versatile.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    literaly, ang camry 3.5Q ay parang nga maiiwan ang kaluluwa mo sa lakas ng hatak when you floor it the gas pedal.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbon View Post
    literaly, ang camry 3.5Q ay parang nga maiiwan ang kaluluwa mo sa lakas ng hatak when you floor it the gas pedal.
    Same thoughts bro when I drove the prev gen 3.5Q, baon talaga sa upuan. Kaso pagdating sa corner, parang ang laki laki ng nililiko mo. Awesome for highway driving though.

But still, I'd have a slightly less refined FXT that goes almost as fast on straights, turns better in corners, fords knee-high floods, traverses rough roads, and fits my bike with ease.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007

This,

or this,

Camry for me. I've always associated SUVs or Pick ups as rugged vehicles because this was what my Dad used when he'd go to the province (a lot of rough roads). It may be expensive but not necessarily prestigious. I view mid sized sedans as classy cars often used by corporate executives

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I don't like my FXT it feels weak compared to the previous version. However jut is right if you are doing the bullet point comparison . Personally I've outgrown sedans as I have kids now crossovers or SUVs meet my needs more.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast