New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by im_mblue View Post

hahaha... thanks for the kulit...Im starting to consider it and you slowly
    pulling me over to think about the Carnival... but why sir GTi, please convince me...since you got me thinking that GTi has had the isuzu engines on different vehicles and yet he still recommends me to the Carnival, so I was thinking that there has to be something with the carnival that impresses sir GTi... do share some points sir GTi, id be glad to hear about it... balak ko rin kasi ipambundok yung crosswind kung sakali hehehe...slight off-road lang kasi my family enjoys a lot of outdoors yung sceneries other than those found along the highways..hehehe,
    Sir GTi nagaalala lang kasi ako sa engine parts nung Carnival...definitely it
    would not be as plentiful as that of the advie and crosswind, baka kasi
    maka-tyempo ako ng lemon even if i do bring a mechanic...kasi eto ang line of thinking ko:
    - Verify the car using a certified or an experienced mechanic
    - verify the credentials of the mechanic...(hehehe pano kaya ito?)
    Hehe~ The Carnival's resale value is not supposed to be this low. It was pulled down by the woes that came from the automatic transmission variant. If you read the Kia Carnival thread, you'd see that many have replaced their transmissions already. And so, even the resale value of the manual version was pulled down. If you'd notice, unlike most other cars, the selling price of the M/T Carnival is actually higher than that of the A/T Carnival- something that works much to your advantage since it is really a very good car. And nasa purpose kasi yan eh, kasi since you're going to buy a car with your family in mind, you'd want to buy the most comfortable and spacious one for your budget. I'm suggesting the Carnival because of the much, much better ride as compared to the Crosswind na parang pickup lang (in fact it's platform and engine came from one). And the Carnival's engine, though not as matipid as the Crosswind, gives a lot more power. 50 more horsepower and 126Nm more torque to be exact, as compared to the low charge turbo Crosswind. Syempre you'd have to tag along an experienced mechanic when you go look at the car, but a well-maintained Carnival will have you much more satisfied than a Crosswind. Don't worry about not being able to find parts for the Carnival, there are also several shops in Banawe that specialize on Korean cars.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Hehe~ The Carnival's resale value is not supposed to be this low. It was pulled down by the woes that came from the automatic transmission variant. If you read the Kia Carnival thread, you'd see that many have replaced their transmissions already. And so, even the resale value of the manual version was pulled down. If you'd notice, unlike most other cars, the selling price of the M/T Carnival is actually higher than that of the A/T Carnival- something that works much to your advantage since it is really a very good car. And nasa purpose kasi yan eh, kasi since you're going to buy a car with your family in mind, you'd want to buy the most comfortable and spacious one for your budget. I'm suggesting the Carnival because of the much, much better ride as compared to the Crosswind na parang pickup lang (in fact it's platform and engine came from one). And the Carnival's engine, though not as matipid as the Crosswind, gives a lot more power. 50 more horsepower and 126Nm more torque to be exact, as compared to the low charge turbo Crosswind. Syempre you'd have to tag along an experienced mechanic when you go look at the car, but a well-maintained Carnival will have you much more satisfied than a Crosswind. Don't worry about not being able to find parts for the Carnival, there are also several shops in Banawe that specialize on Korean cars.
    hahaha...persitent ka talaga sir GTi, now you're starting to worry me sir GTI... and its not good.
    A while ago I was bent on getting the xwind...I asked you to convince me.
    ....and now parang nag-regret ako
    parang mapapaisip ako uli sa choice ko and review again the carnival or the sedona....haaay, may checklist na sana akong ginawa sa taas. You are one big help to tsikoteers and newbie like me.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    hahaha...persitent ka talaga sir GTi, now you're starting to worry me sir GTI... and its not good.
    parang mapapaisip ako uli sa choice ko and review again the carnival or the sedona....haaay, may checklist na sana akong ginawa sa taas. You are one big help to tsikoteers and newbie like me.
    That's why were all here right? To share what we know and to ask what we don't know. The Crosswind is a good workhorse vehicle but it stops at that. Its resale value is a tad high for what you get at around 350-400k for a 2002 XTO. Its also quite a snug fit for 10 people. The Carnival, on the other hand, is sold internationally, which means it passes international crash standards, has complete safety equipment (seatbelts for all passengers, ABS, airbags).

Here are some.
    http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...s=Kia+Carnival
    Last edited by GTi; February 22nd, 2011 at 05:28 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    That's why were all here right? To share what we know and to ask what we don't know. The Crosswind is a good workhorse vehicle but it stops at that. Its resale value is a tad high for what you get at around 350-400k for a 2002 XTO. Its also quite a snug fit for 10 people. The Carnival, on the other hand, is sold internationally, which means it passes international crash standards, has complete safety equipment (seatbelts for all passengers, ABS, airbags).

Here are some.
    Tama ka sir GTi... I'll do my homework muna, read, read and read...hehehe
    international standards ang selling point...anyway, sa diesel and MT lang
    ako mag-stick...but then again Im not committing to anything yet...
    mahirap na baka mahilaw ang pamimili at I would have to bear the consequences for
    such mistake...Kaso sir GTi..parang low height ang Carnival...how off-road
    can I get kaya with this workhorse hehehe and baka nga malubog ako sa
    baha during rainy season hehehe.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Get the Xwind. the engine last longer than other AUV's (I think). the new ones has a low boost turbo. Very Excellent FC, Spacious for many Passengers, even 3rd row is spacious. Very Cold Aircon too. but expect for the noisy engine, Black smoke, SLOW acceleration, Stiff Suspension, and Commuters will try to Flag down you . so don't get the white ones if you are planning to have one. hehehe

I think also for the fail power Windows I think. the wiring seems to be the problem but you can easily can get it fix if you have a good electrician.

Rating for me.. 7/10

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    mahirap na baka mahilaw ang pamimili at I would have to bear the consequences for
    Low height? OK lang naman. More than enough for the ordinary urban commute. Hindi ka naman lulubog, if Innovas can go through I'm sure it can too. And the lower ride height will also aid in aerodynamics and handling. As for off road... I'm sure unpaved roads should not pose as a problem. I've seen a 2000 Starex go through very rough and uneven terrain in Baguio, so I'm sure the Carnival can do it too. Unless you're planning on taking on extreme terrain very often I'd suggest the Carnival over the Crosswind.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Low height? OK lang naman. More than enough for the ordinary urban commute. Hindi ka naman lulubog, if Innovas can go through I'm sure it can too. And the lower ride height will also aid in aerodynamics and handling. As for off road... I'm sure unpaved roads should not pose as a problem. I've seen a 2000 Starex go through very rough and uneven terrain in Baguio, so I'm sure the Carnival can do it too. Unless you're planning on taking on extreme terrain very often I'd suggest the Carnival over the Crosswind.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Sir GTi, last night while I was checking on the sulit links you gave, i was
    surprised at the prices of the Diesel Manual version Carnival...
    they were surprisingly cheaper than my expected budget...
    it was really tempting and I have restrained myself from being
    overwhelmed by its market prices and its features plus its good reviews.
    But then again I thought for a while that I have read somewhere that it seats 10? hindi kaya mahaba to tulad ng sa Nissan Urvan?naku baka
    mahirapan akong mag-maneuver in our typical narrow streets here in the
    metro... so I was trying to put some negative points on it just so I won't
    dwell on it so much... But this lunchtime I saw an actual CARNIVAL LS diesel unit...its length was just as long as the GRX starex that it drove by
    side by side...maybe pareha lang din sila ng haba ng crosswind...anyway,
    I'll check the specs in the net...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Its not too long naman, I'd say it's still manageable. For more information you can check motioncars.com's reviews on the car. In their old site, (which, for me, is still more systematic) motioncars.com/oldsite at the main page, look at the "test drive summary" portion and look for their article on the Kia Carnival and the Chevrolet Venture's comparo with it.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Ask ko lang, kapag after 10 years na yung Kia Carnival eh baka hihirapin ka ibenta yan? Unlike the Crosswind and Adventure, may bibili yan.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
What to Expect and inspect in buying a 2001 Adventure or 2001 Crosswind