New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    600k? 96 or 97 Prado

eto pa Pajero Fieldmaster http://tsikot.yehey.com/auto-classif...t=last1&page=1

or a brand new Avanza
    Last edited by Syuryuken; August 26th, 2007 at 08:43 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tama, go for SUV siguro...as for for specific, gen 2 CRV? so hinde mahirapan yun sis-in-law mo

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    if were talking bnew:

Getz 1.4 or Picanto if you want a car
    new vios (although i'm not too sold on it)
    Avanza if you want something with a bigger cargo and can optionally seat 7

if used i'd go with an SUV like:

LC90 Prado
    Patrol Safari

Thing with these SUVs is, parts can be expensive.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Pica is too small and too pricey for the size. Get Alto instead kung pede na sau ang maliit talaga.

Pag Getz, 1.1 lang kasi 1.4 eh medyo comparable na sa price ng VIOS pero kung d mo talaga natripan VIOS o ayaw mo ng sobrang dami kaparehas, balik ka sa 1.4 Getz.

If u feel kapos ang seating ng sedan, Avanza J.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Isn't the Alto the Indian made car?

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    ^For the Philippines market, the Alto('s) are CBU from India.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    (Working on the assumption that it is your sister-in-law or mother-in-law who will be driving most of the time...)

Spacious car for 500-600k? A secondhand Corolla Altis would fit. (with some change, to boot) There's more elbow room than in the subcompacts (Vios, Jazz, City, Yaris, etcetera), and it's new enough to already have better headroom and kneeroom than older compacts. I think your budget might even fit a secondhand Altis 1.8G.

A Honda City is a practical car in that segment. If the looks don't put you off, the 1.3 City still has more trunk space than the Vios (or the Altis... or the Camry...), and fuel economy is excellent.

You could also get a City/Jazz secondhand... a low-mileage MT would be best. The nice thing about these cars is the extra-long service intervals, which will save your in-laws money in terms of maintenance. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    600K?

Why settle for a small subcompact vehicle when you can get a 2nd hand CUV like the Rav4, CR-V or X-Trail for that kind of money. Haven't heard of any major problem for either vehicles - just the usual wear & tear stuff that is expected from a pre-owned unit.

Though if you really like a brand new unit, I'd go for the Getz CRDi (priced around P600K+).

Here's a Pinoy car site with updated price & specs: www.motioncars.com

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    For me, eto...

2nd hand...
    -'02 up Altis 1.6L or 1.8G
    -Vios 1.3 or 1.5L
    -Jazz 1.3
    -Civic VTI or VTI-S '04-05 model

CUV
    -2g Rav4
    -2g CRV

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    If you want a sedan, choose Vios 1.3 J. A small MPV Avanza 1.3 J is also an option. Just visit Toyota's site to get the price.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
What car could you buy for 500-600K budget?