New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    i'll take out the city idsi AT out of the equation na since i read a lot of cons about the model.

i'm leaning towards a vios AT though i like the aesthetics of the lancers. Does the cvt lancer have the same issues with the honda cvts? 2003-2006 models?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    my 2005 a/t vios just reached the 100k km mark, and still runs like the first day we got it, very minor repairs lang, and ni minsan hindi pa nasira or tumirik yung engine (except nung naubusan ng battery :P) syempre alaga sa maintenance.

Parts, maintenance, mechanics, I'll go for toyota anytime, so either vios or altis is a safe bet.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by marky0910 View Post
    my 2005 a/t vios just reached the 100k km mark, and still runs like the first day we got it, very minor repairs lang, and ni minsan hindi pa nasira or tumirik yung engine (except nung naubusan ng battery :P) syempre alaga sa maintenance.

Parts, maintenance, mechanics, I'll go for toyota anytime, so either vios or altis is a safe bet.
    thanks bro. all of your comments are very helpful, im narrowing my search now.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Vios. Since you are looking for an AT. Ingat lang sa pagbili ngayon ng secondhand car kasi madami nanaman nabaha na sasakyan. Pwedeng makamura ka nga pero laki naman gastos mo sa repairs.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    iba ang design ng cvt ng 1st gen Jazz and City, sa cvt ng ibang car manufacturer.

I've read in a different site na other CVTs uses torque converter to move a car,
    while cvts found in the 1st gen Jazz and City uses a clutch like system katulad sa manual.

so katulad ng manual type clutch, once nagjejerk na, katulad ulit ng manual, sign na yun na na nauupod na or pretty much nagslislide na sya,
    ang solution sa manual is palitan ng clutch assembly (pressure plate, clutch disk, release bearing), tapos ang problema.
    eh sa cvt ng 1st Jazz and City, sealed type yung cvt transmission, ang solution, papalitan na. prang disposable ang dating.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    There were some inputs written here in Tsikot of bad FC with the Lancer Cedia of that age. Not sure if it is common among all such units.
    i am happy when my cedia with cvt gives me 7 km/li...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am happy when my cedia with cvt gives me 7 km/li...
    At least, it's much better than the FC of the Lynx AT. My officemate complains of 6 km/L on his Lynx AT (all stock). However, such FC is a bit low for a compact with a 1.6L engine. I can do 7 km/L on my 2.3L Accord AT though in spirited driving mode with 17" wheels, I can only do 6 km/L.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Mak Letran View Post
    Hi i'm planning to buy a 2nd hand car for daily house-office use, budget is around 200-250k

which is more 'sulit' among the 3 (gas consumption, maintenance) :

2003-2007 AT Model
    Vios
    City
    Lancer

DSI or Vtec, GLS or GLX

Thank you so much, your comments and suggestions would be one of my primary basis on choosing which one to buy.
    at 250k, parang hindi pa ata abot sa Vios yung range.
    the most you can do is the lancer... around model 2004-2005.

but for me, the best bang for the buck would be the vios.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12