New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    hindi ko naman sinasabi na wag ka bumili ng cars sa subic pero bigyan lang kita information, sabi kasi ng erpats ko yung mga cars daw na binebenta sa subic eh mga right hand drive dati tapos icoconvert nila to left hand drive tapos ang consequence nun eh mahirap na iloko yung kotse pag pa right smooth yung pag liko tapos pag pa left hehe medyo sablay kaya palala lang bago ka bumili.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    i personally have no problems with converted japanese imports in general (i drive one... love it...), siguro it's the shadier mass importers lang you should watch out for. but even with those, as long as you know your stuff, there are genuinely good cars there. my dad drives a 96 patrol from subic, took seven people from baguio to cebu and back, no problems at all with it. basta alam mo yung mga mechanical stuff to watch out for, i see no reason why they should be avoided as a whole.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hindi ba illegal na magbenta sa subic ng private vehicles? I remember the Supreme Court ruled on this. As usual di lang naiimplement. Eto yung nirereklamo ng MVPMAP e. Marami ng naaksidente na suvic cars dahil palpak ung pagkakaconvert.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    yes, its illegal now, im not sure lang kung kasama yung subic kasi free port yun diba? but whatever the law is, as you said, hindi implemented. araw araw nga may advertisements sa manila bulletin about more auctions.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Are Subic cars worth buying?

Well, Im going to tell you my story.

My father is here in Manila wanting to buy a van and he wishes to find Subic or Korean Vans. I told him, I dont recommend you buying one. It has a lot of problems. Then he said, "Ilan ba nakikita mong na-tow na Subic compared sa local?" I told him, "Wala pa."

After a week, he bought a Toyota HiAce 3.0 Super Custom. The name Super Custom is so corny... hehehe... Dami features, I was impressed sa cooler,TEMS etc. I dont like the red interior, makes me feel im inside a hearse. First day of arrival, dami ko na nakita faults like lights in the cabin. Of course madali lang ayusin to.

To tell you the story short, after 1 week of ownership, gusto na nya ibenta kasi andaming sira.
    iam3739.com

6. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by James5 View Post
    I am particularly interested in the hi-lux surf which I think is "suitable" for both men and women unlike most of the macho looking SUVs. However, a mechanic I talked to is strongly against subc veicles citing the many problems he encountered.

Is he comments valid or maybe, as a mechanic, only cars with problems are bought to his "talyer" so this impression.

Anybody who can offer some good advice. I sure like to buy one of these surf. Thanks,
    obtain a car from a dealer who can give you the best protection and will look out for your rights as a consumer. check the warranties, and various support items that he will be givng you.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    You should know your supplier. There are lots of yards there that sell Original LHD cars. I actually went to a yard with original LHD Jags, Range Rovers, Cayennes, and went inside 1 container van while offloading a BMW M5 wagon with a 540i as its partner

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i bought a bighorn from subic years ago.. mura kasi compared with local ones.. maganda performance and looks when i got it.. but after only a week of use, the nightmare begun..

instead of enumerating all the problems i encountered with this unit, which will take a long time, i would just tell you that these units are junk in japan and are just refurbished and converted to look good.. but all the problems and all the sira will come out when you start using it na..

puro headaches lang ang ibibigay sayo..

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    [quote=aku;860866]yes, its illegal now, im not sure lang kung kasama yung subic kasi free port yun diba? but whatever the law is, as you said, hindi implemented. araw araw nga may advertisements sa manila bulletin about more auctions.[/quote]

All imported vehicles coming from all free ports are prohibited to be used or sold outside the free port area.

So selling these used vehicles from Subic, Clark and other free ports is illegal.

as with any used cars, kahit local pa yan, di mo alam history nyan.. kung b-new nga may lemon, what more pa mga to......

former delica 4wd a/t owner, current jdm 4wd liteace 2c-t a/t owner...

why i replaced my delica? just like the pajero, delicas medyo matakaw sa consumo-->5-9km/l... eto, 7-15km/l....

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Are Subic/exJDM cars worth buying?