Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post
    Bibili na lang ako ng KABAYO.

Damo lang kinakain para tumakbo, pwede pa gawing tapa kung matigok
    walang aircon ang kabayo.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    7 km/L with a Mirage??? on the highway??? Are you kidding me?
    Yup... My figures are correct...

Akala ko din mali ako, I even downloaded an app para maka sigurado.

Calamba-EDSA (very early morning)-NLEX-SCTEX (technically it was a Laguna to Pampanga and back trip)

Convoy kami, so I was basically chasing an Altis and an Almera the entire trip (sometimes 3 kami sa car, sometimes 5)

I rented the car for a 2 weeks holiday, wanted to check if matipid talaga (I know the pros and cons, pero the car is cheap and should have good FC) possible car for my daughter sana...

In the end... I was disappointed with the handling, suspension, NVH and FC...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ Di kaya may leak yung fuel system?

But that FC is really bad! On the highway, my FXT can do 10 km/L when averaging 100-120 kmh on expressways. The Fiesta Ecoboost can do 15 km/L on the same condition.

4. Join Date
    May 2018
    Oo nga eh. Hindi ako stockholder ng Mitsubishi ha, but those figures are bad so something's wrong.

On paper, the Mirage seems very promising. You mate a 1.2L engine on such a small car, with ABS & other safety features plus a 165kph theoretical "top" speed. That's fuel economy AND adequate reserve power for hills & overtaking, and its not as expensive as a Honda Brio (napapangitan pa ako sa itsura nun- no offense to Brio owners ha?). Note: Suzuki Swift IMHO is in a different class (sport sub-compact?), though similar stats - katapat nun is Jazz & Yaris siguro.

On the other hand (also, no offense to Mitsubishi owners) medyo tainted na ang Mitsubishi's reputation with respect to concealment ng customer complaints & car problems so medyo humina na sila sa local market ngayon. Unlike Honda na though expensive ang price & parts- mention the brand to most car enthusiasts and may grudging respect kahit papaano, and Toyota for availability ng parts & ease of maintenance. I dropped by the Mitsubishi Otis & Q. Ave dealerships not too long ago to consider the Mirage, and promo daw nila is 5 years free service (labor) warranty, probably to try to shake off na yung negative vibes sa cars nila. If you read one of my other posts nga lang, di kami talaga masyado bilib sa casa mechanics and warranties. Mahirap minsan mag claim for warranty (sabihin di covered yung nasira, etc.) and the extended period may be just an opportunity to make more money off the customer kasi sa kanila ka papaservice for something as simple as an oil change...

===
    Anyways, baka naman "natuwa" ka sobra sa gas pedal running after the Nissans (like the driver of the Alto I encountered) so ganun yung consumption.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post

===
    Anyways, baka naman "natuwa" ka sobra sa gas pedal running after the Nissans (like the driver of the Alto I encountered) so ganun yung consumption.
    Even in spirited driving along expressways, I don't the Mirage will hit such an FC unless you are crawling in low gears across the whole trip in NLEX-SCTEX.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Yup... My figures are correct...

I rented the car for a 2 weeks holiday, wanted to check if matipid talaga (I know the pros and cons, pero the car is cheap and should have good FC) possible car for my daughter sana...

In the end... I was disappointed with the handling, suspension, NVH and FC...
    ah so!
    it's a rental car!
    in that case, it can be anything, po.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I shared my Mirage experience since TS was asking about FC.

My point is hindi dahil kaya ni Pedro may 20km/l eh kaya din ni Juan...

Maybe someone here can get 15km/l on a Wigo, tapos the next guy will only get 10.

Again in my case, the Mirage at 1.2l is the smallest engine I've driven... Siguro if I owned the car, matututunan ko din sya idrive.

Pero for 2 weeks of careless driving (it was an "extended test drive" for me) I cannot recommend the car, pero if yun lang kaya ng budget, I will choose the Mirage over the Wigo...

I voted for the Brio earlier since it's 1.3l

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    I would burn the damn thing if it'll give me 7km/l

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    give it to me, instead.
    i'll go over her with a fine tooth comb.
    i am confident i can wring 9 km/li out of her.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    give it to me, instead.
    i'll go over her with a fine tooth comb.
    i am confident i can wring 9 km/li out of her.
    Are we still talking about the.. car?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippin View Post
    Are we still talking about the.. car?
    yespo.
    the car, po.
    i have no use for a horse.
    but i figure i can wring 1 km per kg of tall grass from a horse.
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 1st, 2018 at 10:32 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast