New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    a nissan livina.. it's like getting a sentra station wagon.
    or, if the fuel efficiency and increased size are acceptable, a camry or an accord, or even an odyssey or alphard.
    or mebbe you can just get a white altis.
    and what i do not understand is, why shut out the japanese cars...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Bigger than the Altis and isn't a Japanese, sa budget mo uhh Kia Optima or Hyundai Sonata. Both have big engines so they will be nowhere as efficient as the Altis. Siguro mga 6km/L city driving, guesstimate. Could be worse or better, depending sa conditions.

Ayaw ng Innova, there's the Avanza. Get the 1.5G, para hinde hirap kahit AT. You get a 7 seater car and is smaller than the Innova, but that won't be as efficient as the Altis either.

Kung efficiency hanap mo, get a diesel. But you won't settle for an Innova and the Orlando is gas-fed so that won't be smart choice as well, maiiwan ka sa Kia Carens which is now expensive and probably isn't gonna be worth the money, so andyan yung Kia Carnival. It's diesel, it's short (SWB) and it has plenty of seats. Pretty sure it's not a grand starex-type of van so pasok sa reqs mo.

If you find the carnival too big, then wala ka na choice but to settle for a premium midsize sedan. Pasok rin sa reqs mo, It's a sedan, it's bigger than the Altis, has more toys but will never be as efficient as your previous car.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by htc8p View Post
    i just sold my black corolla altis 1.6g AT today.

now i have to car and dont know what to replace.

rfs: family getting bigger we cant fit in the small altis.

here is my logic: i dont want a hi ace/starex because it might be too big. (but if i have no choice so be it)

i want to stay with sedan because its fuel efficient. there maybe larger sized sedans out there. i dont want japanese anymore!

i dont want crossover vehicle because they are gas guzzler and just the same as car in space. (that's pretty pointless)

so where do i go from here. maybe a minivan style. like a volvo mommy van??

please help God bless your soul.
    Hiace is also Japanese.

Starex or Carnival lang yan.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    or baka troll lang...

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by htc8p View Post
    i just sold my black corolla altis 1.6g AT today.

now i have to car and dont know what to replace.

rfs: family getting bigger we cant fit in the small altis.

here is my logic: i dont want a hi ace/starex because it might be too big. (but if i have no choice so be it)

i want to stay with sedan because its fuel efficient. there maybe larger sized sedans out there. i dont want japanese anymore!

i dont want crossover vehicle because they are gas guzzler and just the same as car in space. (that's pretty pointless)

so where do i go from here. maybe a minivan style. like a volvo mommy van??

please help God bless your soul.
    how about kia carnival

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    e Honda CR-V, yung 2010 CR-V M/T na-surprise ako, matipid din pala siya e kahit papaano saka maintenance wise pa.. OT: kumusta nga pala fc ngayon ng current CR-V?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM View Post
    e Honda CR-V, yung 2010 CR-V M/T na-surprise ako, matipid din pala siya e kahit papaano saka maintenance wise pa.. OT: kumusta nga pala fc ngayon ng current CR-V?
    Agree to this. City driving mid dash shows about 10km/l. We own one.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Alam ko na solution mo boss. Gawin mong LPG fed ang bbilhin mo. Tipid ka nun for sure. )

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Naaliw lang ako sa thread. BB car reply lang sa umpisa malaki na ngiti ko

1. No price ceiling? I know a good deal sa mga Mercedes-Benz GLK nowadays :naughty2:
    2. No Japanese? You just wiped out 90% of your available choices.
    3. Family can't fit in the Altis? Then I'm pretty sure the additional few millimeters a midsize sedan gives won't pass either.
    4. Fuel efficiency = sedan? Our 1.6 Mazda3 wants to say hi.

Sorry to break it to you bud, but one bad experience with cars doesn't mean you wipe out the entire Japanese car race off your list. And since you're budget-limited, you either pick the Chinese Chery, Chana, Foton, etc. or you get Japanese cars. If you pick the former, good luck. If you pick the latter, then your thread requirements are fundamentally flawed.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    How many do you want to fit in the vehicle? And how much is your budget? Is there a price limit at all?

Midsize sedans give great performance, comfort, space and stage presence. Gas mileage isn't very good, around 6-7km/L city for the 2.4L models. Remember that even though they are as long as some vans, they are still sedans and therefore, are still only designed to seat 5 people, albeit in much more comfortable fashion. Sure you can squeeze in 6, or maybe even 7 with 2 in the front passenger seat, but then...

The same thing goes for 5 seater crossovers, though they do have more cargo space and ground clearance. Some of these have diesel variants, which offer you better performance with lower fuel consumption.

And then there are the minivans. The Kia Carnival comes to mind. Its unibody and not Japanese (made, in fact, with the American market in mind) with high marks on safety and comfort from the Americans. It comfortably seats 8, and should be able to easily squeeze in 10 if needed. 2.9L CRDi engine is powerful, though not known for fuel efficiency. But in the end the fuel costs should still be similar to or lower than your Altis's due to the much lower price of diesel.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
sold my car now im lost.